The Meeting

A forum for followers of Shadows, Thievery, the Night, and Nightmares.
Aluzka
Guild: Rogues
Temple: Shadows

The Meeting

Post by Aluzka »

Small Dock behind the Lakeside Inn

”Hello Lady Sherrie. It is a pleasure to see you.”

”Hello there, and always a pleasure to see you.”

”I was happy to hear of your reply to my inquiry.”

”It was one that could only appeal to me.”

”I am sure you have some questions for me.

”Whilst I am sure we are alone, perhaps we should carry this conversation out somewhere a little less open?”

”Fine by me. Do you have a place a bit more...secluded in mind?” Motioning to the side she says, “I believe this boat may offer us some of that.” After rowing further out into the water, she stops, “This….this is a rather nice looking place and secluded as well.”

The mage smiles, “Indeed.”

”What kind of questions do you have, before I start in with some of my own.”

”What is it that you have in mind? And what sort of magical assistance are you seeking?'

”There are some minor experiments, questions, that I have been posed with to see if something is possible.” The mage nods as she listens, ”The only way to see it being so is by magical usage.”

”So perhaps I can help you with formulating the answers?”

She nods her head towards the mage. ”I've seen people bring back the dead by reuniting the soul with the body using magic.” The mage nods once again, ”So if you can assist with similar type things, it would be very helpful.”

”We have all felt the benefit of that, I think.”

Nodding her head at the mage, she replies, ”We have in some form or fashion. Some questions I have are even more simple than these, I'm sure. I know there has to be a way something is done, I just don't have the magical knowledge.”

Nodding as she considers what is said, the mage asks, ”Similar in what way?”

”For example…, there is a body that passed on. How long is a body viable for recovery? Would like to have various attempts at life with different grades of degradation.”

”I must confess that is not something that I have ever "played" with. I know that some souls have been disconnected for many days and were reunited safely. But I do not know if that is simply because we are more blessed than some, as compared to the other more normal citizens, that is. I would imagine that the soul is unchanged, but the body itself would become more difficult to control," she ponders on the problem for a moment.

”The only way to know, is to experiment and find out.”

The mage nods in agreement.

”Would you feel comfortable with attempts of this nature?”

”I can see that it could well help provide some useful knowledge to this area of magic.” Thinking on the question, she nods,”I can see no harm in it.”

”Some things, may only be consultation, especially if you are not comfortable with it. Your magical knowledge is well known and would be very welcome.”

”Very kind of you to say, and thank you. Although I am sure that this form of investigation could only add well to knowledge of such things.”

”That is something I was thinking as well. A strange thing for something like me to consider looking into, perhaps, but due to other experimentations we've had several bodies and it would be nice to know if they can be revived. I do have a problem that I am hoping you can help me with.”

The mage listens intently, wondering what this problem could be.

”There is this woman that I am hoping to communicate with, however I can't let her know who I am yet. She can understand me, but she is mute and I don't understand sign language. Can you think of any way we could communicate that would make it work?”

”Have you tried telepathy?”

”I haven't. There is a way to speak to her using that?”

You hear Sherrie chant strange words of magic...
Sherrie gestures towards Aluzka

Aluzka feels strange things happening to her, ”That is...different. That helps with hearing thoughts?”

Sherrie concentrates intently for a few seconds and thinks: it allows you to project your thoughts outwards in order to be "heard" by others

Suddenly it all becomes clear, ”Thank you for helping solve that problem.”

”It can be quite a useful and powerful spell that one,” she nods thoughtfully..

”I will remember that. Are there any other questions you have for me?”

”Perhaps just directions for where to find some bodies? And if you have any timeframes for reporting back to you?”

”Right now, we have bodies on ice, but would like to start on fresher bodies than those.” She continues as the mage nods, ”I will get back to you soon as to when we can get started. I'd like to make sure things are moving forward and ready for you. Someone like you, your time is precious and I'd hate to waste any bit of it,” she says as she puts the token holding the spell away, not wanting to take chances with it.

”For something like this, I will always make time,” she smiles.

Returning the smile, she says, ”Thank you. I look forward to working with you. Shall we head back to the inn? I should settle my bill and head back home.”

Giving her another smile, she says while picking up the oars, ”I will row this time, and there is no bill to settle. That has been taken care of.”

”Well, thank you. I greatly appreciate that.”

”Not at all. The least I could do as you had to wait so long for me,” she chuckles away.

”I have made good use of time while I was here. Somehow, I even managed to not spill blood in the inn, though it was very tempting a few times. Thank you again for meeting with me. Where is a good place to leave a message for you? I will leave a message for you here at the Inn, surely someone here will know where to find you.”

The mage stayed at the inn as she left, shadows enveloping her as the Priestess of Night made her way down the hallway.
Aluzka
Wraith of Dusk
Priestess of Night
Aluzka
Guild: Rogues
Temple: Shadows

Moving Forward

Post by Aluzka »

Word reached her that the bodies from the last invasion had been preserved in ice in Frostfall and were well taken care of. Experimentation could begin anytime. Knowing what needed to be done next, she sat down and scribed a message to each of her magical users. The message had no greetings, no names, but was simple and to the point.

It is time for us to meet again. I do hope you can join me in the Ice sculpture gardens in Frostfall very soon so we can meet all those involved and prepare for the work that is to take place.

Please send back word with the messenger when you may be available.

Sincerely.

The scrolls closed with different colors of wax and a plain press, she had them delivered, one to the Sign Language School in Lyresong and the other to the Inn in Goldcroft where she met the other.

With those messages sent out, she had another mission involved. She needed to find that man she met in the Inn and find out if he could be pulled into this experimentation as well. Three minds were better than one or even two, but the fact he had knowledge and interest in this type of experimentation made him even more valuable to her. Now….to find him.
Aluzka
Wraith of Dusk
Priestess of Night
sherrie
Guild: Wizards

Re: The Meeting

Post by sherrie »

Friend,

I fear it took some time for your message to reach me. I think you may now have left the sculptures of ice, but I await you in Frostfall. You will find me where my greeting to you has meaning.

Return to “Temple of Shadows”