Knowledge and Light

A forum for followers of Light.
Radiant Lunar
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Light

Knowledge and Light

Post by Radiant Lunar »

A young dark elf sits in a room at a desk covered with many many books only lit by candles. His violet eyes darting across the pages, he stops only briefly to push the golden spectacles back up onto the bridge of his nose. He puts down the book he was reading and places a small book mark into the pages and closes the cover. He stands and stretches as he looks out the window at the great Cathedral of Light that had been remade after Dragons had destroyed it and Death destroyed the one in Woodtop. With a smile he reaches for his staff and pulls the hood of his robes up over his face. Making his way towards his destination he stops from time to time to offer a friendly smile to citizens and offer a helping hand where it is needed. As he continues he sees an elderly woman struggling with a large basket of produce she had just procured. He stops to help her. Please allow me, ma'am. She looks up at the stranger with confusion and says, Certainly, sir. But I have to ask. Why would you take time from your busy day to help a total stranger? As he takes the basket into his own arms and begins to walk her up the steps to her home he answers, Well ma'am. If everyone would help someone who needs it, the world would be a much brighter place. That is all any of us can do is offer what help we can to others and in turn learn from it. The woman smiled and offered to pay him after placing the basket upon her table. Lunar shook his head and smiled, There is no need for that ma'am. You needed the help and I only did what anyone would have done. Is there anything else I can do before I take my leave? The woman smiled and placed one of her old weathered hands upon his, You have more faith then most that someone would stop to help a total stranger. But no, dear. You have done more than enough for this old woman and I am sure you have other matters to attend to. Lunar looked into the woman's eyes and smiled as he turned to leave he spoke once more, It is my faith that allows me to help you, ma'am. Without light in our hearts and minds we're no better then the beasts that roam the wilds. If we give up that faith, we're lost. May Her light always bless you, ma'am. He walked back out into the streets and continued his journey to his destination as the sun began to set over the lands. The air was cool as the winds carried off the seas to the south. He could now hear the chants from the Cathedral growing louder and it made him smile and hurry his pace.

He had made it to his destination finaly. The chants washed over his ears and put his mind at ease. He reached under his robes and pulled out a Tallow candle which he lit with but the snap of his fingers. Pulling the hood of his robes back, his silver hair shining in the candle light he walked forth with a whisper to The Lady of Light.
I am home...

Return to “Temple of Light (Natalia)”