The Beacon

A forum for followers of Light.
lanion

The Beacon

Post by lanion »

Greetings,

I am endeavoring to join with you in providing a Beacon of Light to the world. To bring Light through my actions when I can, to nurture and support Light where it exists, regardless of its strength.

To that end, a little history. In my 275 years, I have been associated with variants of Light such as Justice and Love, however I have never truly committed myself to any one path. I have to admit, one reason was academic in that I study quite a bit. I suppose you could say I dissect philosophies to find truth would be more accurate. In Justice I found commitment to an ideal of right, and fairness. In Love I found heartfelt feeling toward adherents and others. More of that later....

I am a Halfling, and a Monk by trade. I was raised on a small island, and our size ultimately helped us to survive longer than the...shall I say larger inhabitants. Quick, and short. I have never had a romantic interest, preferring the study of tomes and scrolls. I am comfortable with ferreting out knowledge and truth. I have fought many monsters (of particular difficulty was a so called king Immr), and I have to say that I prefer to battle evil singularly, however I do not shy from groups and expeditions. I excel in most things, except of course certain types and attributes of magic. I had a pet once, but he apparently found greener pastures some time ago. I also admit, I haven't found personal relationships very fulfilling, however that may change over time.

Once many many years ago I came across a small ragged book. Within this treasure was the life story of a monk. At this juncture in my life, I had started to despair that ultimate truth in this life was almost certainly unobtainable. Like a desperate and thirsty man I poured myself into this diary of sorts, and while I did not discover the ultimate truth I had sought my entire life, I did find this....the highest value in life is experiencing grace, and passing this grace to others. The most beautiful times in life are spreading light to others and seeing the shadows lift from their countenance.

I know within me is the Light that dispels darkness within myself, others, and the world. I can spread this light through word, deed, action.

Thank you,

Lanion
natalia
Immortal of Light
Temple: Light

Re: The Beacon

Post by natalia »

Light Members,

Please welcome Lanion to the temple!
Radiant Lunar
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Light

Re: The Beacon

Post by Radiant Lunar »

Greetings and Welcome, friend. May you always walk in Her Light.
lanion

Re: The Path

Post by lanion »

Greetings,

Please excuse my rather lengthy absence. It was unavoidable...and perhaps a tale told at another time. Suffice it when I say the need was great, and I was the only one uniquely qualified to carry out the task that I was confronted with.

I am writing to say that I have concluded my study of the paths, and would like to share my thoughts in that regard.

Of the paths Light appeals most to my sensibilities and inherent knowledge of all that is right with the world. Certainly the underlying tenants very closely associates with my own inner man.

However, understanding that Light and Chivalry are so intertwined and overlapping, I believe that Chivalry represents a path that allows a more robust expression of Light in my life. In addition to this rather fundamental reason for choosing this path, I have found that while small in stature perhaps compared to others in the realm, I have certain additional attributes that lend themselves to the Chivalry path, namely: I will go anywhere to defeat darkness; I do not cower, ever, for I know that one is never defeated until one gives up; I understand that the power of Light, Grace and Mercy will ultimately prevail in all cases.

Some might say these words haughty, unwise in the face of certain defeat by a companion of darkness who greatly overpowers myself and others. Certainly it can be considered unwise to continue to spread Light when certain death will be the result! However, as I have witnessed countless times in my life, standing is often times what saves you in situations that seem hopeless, so to those who feel such, I would say I have moved to a different sort of wisdom ...if it is true, if it is real to your heart and soul...never turn aside.

Thank you!

Lanion

Return to “Temple of Light (Natalia)”