The binding of Light and Chivalry

A forum for followers of Light.
Caerwyn
Temple: Light

The binding of Light and Chivalry

Post by Caerwyn »

Prelude: Searching

Today in Terris is the Evening of day 21 of First Growth of the year 398
A rich laughter fills the air in the northern hills. As the sound of laughter grows, urgent footsteps mark the passage of a stately dwarven woman. The footsteps become a run as the Lady of Chivalry appears in the temple. She reaches Truth's Office, where a tome rests on the floor. It vibrates with the sounds of laughter. The Lady of Chivalry reaches for the tome and steels herself for battle. Creatures begin to spill forth from the pages and Chivalry's followers battle the onslaught of creatures. The Immortal herself begins to do battle against an unseen force within the book.

As the battle rages on, Kriztina makes her way to a hidden alcove within the temple grounds. She retrieves the second tome and brings it to Truth's Office. The Lady of Chivalry brings the two tomes together and begins to chant words of magic.

The ringing laughter breaks off, replaced by a harsh grating voice, "Chivalry's Devoted...how devoted will you be when you lay in pieces at my feet?"

Friget rides to Devardec and appears before the ruins of the Spire of Dawn. He offers up a short prayer. Alyssandra offers prayers to the Heavens as well, adding to Friget's voice. Friget encounters Keira and Maelius and enlists their help.

The voice grows stronger, its mocking sound terrible and loud, "Chivalry's Might..Ha! Helpless, weak. Your might is useless against me!"

The Lady of Chivalry closes her eyes, bowing under the strain as she continues to chant. She notices Friget standing too close to the bound tomes. As the final words of the chant are completed, Chivalry's Lady watches as Friget leans too far forward inspecting the tomes. With the last of her strength she shoves Friget out of the way. Friget is struck down and the Temple has one last image of its Immortal, which flickers over the tomes and is gone.

A gentle sound rises from the now peaceful tome, the voice of Cassandra, "Where once there were two, now I become a third and bind us to become one. Though the light of truth may waver, though I am gone, Chivalry cannot die. My chosen, my faithful...carry my torch in your hearts and by word and deed, nuture its sparks into a flame You are ready. Seer, Willing, Guardian..my Chosen..this is not the end."
Silences falls over the mountains again.

Afterword: Shadows and Light

Chivalry's membership speaks with Keira; an offer is made and accepted.

Return to “Temple of Light (Natalia)”