Ascension Tale: Caerwyn

A forum for followers of Light.
Caerwyn
Temple: Light

Ascension Tale: Caerwyn

Post by Caerwyn »

Originally posted Sun 12-Aug-01 09:57 PM

I stood in Frostfall square as it is a habit of mine to do, enjoying the crisp cool air. Suddenly the White Dragon I'd heard much talk about could be seen in the skies. I watched in wonder as it flew overhead, forgetting for the moment all the restless nights and dark dreams I'd been having.
As I watched the magnificent dragon, a strange sensation fell over me. Words spoke in my mind. A golden sceptre appeared before my eyes and reaching out to it, I swore to uphold Light in the world. There was a blinding FLASH! and I no longer stood in Frostfall...

I found myself at the Spire, disoriented, and seeing a great dark cloud moving toward the city of Devardec. From the cloud came forth a massive Black Dragon arrowing towards me.
"You shall not blot out the Light, Dark One!" And a white blur shot past the Spire, attacking the Black Dragon. Locked together, the dragons struggled...

The Spire was crowded with people all caught up in the dragon battle. I watched, transfixed, unable to move or even to breathe. Suddenly there was a murmuring within the crowd as the Chosen Six appeared in the Spire.. at that moment, the White Dragon was distracted. The Black Dragon pressed his advantage, slashing visciously into the tender belly of the White. Wounded, the White Dragon keened loudly in pain as the Black Dragon threw her aside and charged upon the Spire.

The Six seemed to be working frantically at something, but I was mesmerized by the sight of the Black Dragon coming closer...
"You will not gain the Light!" The Black Dragon calls out in fury. "You are too late!"
A torrent of black flame erupts from his great maw.. I had not time to react.. and engulfed me. Pain, terrible pain tore through my body. It felt as though the darkness was burning through me...

Then.. a glowing light descended around me, pushing back the darkness.. the suddeness of the transition knocked me back and I fell from the Spire..

And the White Dragon whispered words of magic.. with her gesture a portal opened under me and I fell into it...

LIGHT. Burning, white hot,enveloping Light. The Source of All Light. I soon realized my mortal body was gone, destroyed. I floated in the Light for a moment.. an eternity.. I do now know. The Light was me and I was the Light.
The Light showed me the world .. the darkness that had fallen upon it and I knew it was time..

The Immortal of Light descends from the sun, surrounded by a flame, holding aloft a Sceptre of Light and a crown of blazing suns upon her head.

Immortal of Light, Caerwyn

-------------
On on ooc note I would like to thank all the wonderful people who participated in this event over the past couple of weeks.
The Six, who had no idea what was to come .. Moonwise, Connor, Anyssa, Kilogoth, Helty, Macart and our lost one Cheraskus.
And all those who got involved ingame and in posts, bringing it to life.
Songward, Ringdancer, Iochtar, Korven, Straik, Chole, Higara, Montalin, Eos and probably more that I've missed.

I hope you all had as much fun as we did. It was a joy and a pleasure.

Return to “Temple of Light (Natalia)”