Possible

A forum for followers of Light.
Kollin Byrne
GM of Knights
Guild: Knights
Temple: Light

Possible

Post by Kollin Byrne »

Kollin stood atop the Spire of Dawn and watched the first rays of light wash over Devardec. He had watched the sun rise over the city numerous times, and knew its routine by heart. Plumes of gentle smoke rose from the chimneys as morning meal preparations began. Merchants began setting up their stalls, rearranging and restocking their wares for the day. The city guards on night shift retiring to the barracks as the morning patrols began.

He wasn’t entirely sure why he took such an interest in this, or why it had become almost a daily ritual as of late. Perhaps it was a way he could keep things in perspective. Maybe it was just that he found himself able to focus his thoughts better at that time of day from up there. He continued to stare out over the city.

Or maybe ahm jus makin sure tha city is still there” He half chuckled to himself as he exhaled.

The rifts were back again. Starting up with the same seeming randomness of the previous instances, but this time stronger. Not only were forces invading from the portals, whoever or whatever was behind this was able to siphon away the spheres of Love and Death. Perhaps not so random after all.

He noted the extra guards positioned at the entrance of the Temple of Death and the graveyard. He wasn’t sure if an undead invasion was something he had to worry about as the underworld was without control, but he wasn’t taking any chances.

There was only so much he could do with a sword and shield, but there had to be more. He had bombarded the scholars in the halls of illumination with many questions, and what ifs to the point where they had asked for his inquiries in writing, and they would look into it. It had been a week with no word.

Dispatching the creatures that sprung forth from the rifts was something he and the troops could handle. But how do you stop the rifts themselves? How do you defend against what’s on the other side? Something capable of draining away the powers of the Immortals.

Kollin was pulled from his thoughts by the sounds of approaching footsteps. He turned to see an initiate, and smiled softly. “Greetins, how can ah help ya?

The initiate nodded a greeting, and held out a scroll. “It’s a message for you.

Kollin’s eyes lit up, his smile growing as he took the scroll. “Thank ya,” he nodded, “ahve been waitin fer this.

He began to read the message, his eyes darting over the in depth response from the archives. After a moment he looked up and grinned at the initiate. “Es possible

What is?

Well, ah suppose it actually says it COULD be possible IF….but es a start, an ahll take it

Sir?

Kollin re-rolled the scroll. “Ya ever watch tha city wake up? Es somethin ta behold. ” He smiled at the initiate before heading down to the Halls of Illumination.
Kollin Byrne
GM of Knights
Guild: Knights
Temple: Light

Re: Possible

Post by Kollin Byrne »

Some of these, you knew the answer to, I suspect.” The Archivist spoke softly with a wry smile on his lips.

Kollin grinned. “O course, but ah wanted ya ta understand why ah was askin certain things, give ya ma whole thought process.

Archivist Raymond nodded his head as he pushed a stack of books across the table.

All wield the light in their own way, but here are works on those who have utilized it in the manner you inquired...you know one of them I believe.”

Kollin smiled. “Aye, ah do…” He looked at the stack of books on the table, and back at Raymond. “So...tha answer ta how is somewhere in here…

The path towards an answer at least. There’s no set of instructions, or magic words, or anything of that sort. But is it possible, of course.

Kollin nodded in understanding but remained silent. He wasn’t surprised by the answer. He didn’t expect it to be easy, and didn’t mind putting in work...but time was a factor.

Aye, o course, ahll start with these…now, as ta tha other things ah asked about.

Raymond sat back in his chair for a moment. “I believe it is all possible...provided you had someone who could wield it in the manner you spoke of...however. When it comes to this,” he smiles and gestures to the sky, “there may be others you should be speaking to.

Kollin half chuckles “aye, o course, ah jus..

Archivist Raymond stands with a grin “You just wanted to make sure you weren’t wasting anyone’s time with unfounded ideas....I do not think any avenue investigated in the defense of others is a waste of time. I also don’t think you need me to tell you again and again that I think it’s possible. I will leave you to your reading.

Thank ya Archivist Raymond.” Kollin smiled softly and watched him leave the halls. He looked down at the tomes on the table, chose one, and started on the path.

Return to “Temple of Light (Natalia)”