A Letter Found

Information on the Path of Fate and its members
Kilogoth
Guild: Brotherhood
Temple: Immortal of Death

A Letter Found

Post by Kilogoth »

Kilogoth sat at his desk and took a sheaf of paper from the stack to his right. Dipping quill in ink, he began his letter...

Day Ten of Weeping Skies in the Four Hundred and Fifty-Second Year of Deori

Followers of Fate,

I write this letter to you now in hopes I never have to leave it for you, but I know that hope is not my friend any longer. I have kept a terrible secret from you all for as long as I have walked these halls. It all began in my rise to Hero for Fate. When I slew the Nightmare that twisted the Tapestry it managed to deal a death blow to me as well. This was a death blow like no other. The Nightmare severed my thread as I shattered it in the Realm of Nightmares. While on the surface this is not new information, it leads me to my story.

You see, when I shattered the Nightmare in the other Realm, the piece within the Tapestry invaded my thread and took up residence. When Lord Silk repaired my thread, the Nightmare was sealed within. When my soul was returned to my body from the Underworld it could not fully return. So here I stand, half of this world, half of the next. I am an unnatural thing. I have kept this secret from you all for so long because I felt that I could control this gateway between the worlds within me. I was mistaken.

During the battles with Lord Zir's forces, I dabbled in this darkness within to fuel my spells and my wrath. This awoke the Nightmare within me and showed it the strength I truly possessed. After that, the blackouts came with more frequency. Each time I could see and remember more of what he was doing. I fought it at first, but to be honest I enjoyed the Pain he unleashed and overtime stopped fighting. That is when I lost the battle.

Now I know not which is me and which is the Nightmare. He has taken to calling himself, or is it I have taken to calling myself, the Revenant. The power we wield is beyond my comprehension and grows by the day. The souls we call grant us increasing power over everything we wish. Now we believe that we can soon lay our trap for those who have wronged us. Never again will we be forgotten.

I am trying to hold him back as I write this, so I can give you my final thoughts before I give myself over to the darkness fully. This power comes with a terrible price, the energies of the Underworld that slip through the gateway are slowly killing me. Odd how something so powerful could be my undoing in the end.

The Nightmare tells me about the Knights and Caerwyn turning their backs on me and shutting me out. I try each moment to remember the truth of those days, but I know in the end he will make me believe. I say this now, Neither Caerwyn, nor the Knights have wronged me. I chose to walk this path...

I can see the coming finale of my thread and for now, this much I can hide from him. In the end it will be my choosing to die, Fate has decided that already. In my final days in this world, I will win against my strongest foe... myself.

When I am gone from this world, know that I wish you all safe journeys through your Fateful paths.

Kilogoth

Kilogoth summoned a nearby Acolyte and asked him to deliver this letter for him. "Where and when should I deliver it sir?"

With a soft smile Kilogoth said, "When I am gone, leave it in the garden."

Return to “Path of Fate”