catacombs ?

New ideas for the lands
OgreOzai
Guild: Battlemages
Temple: War

catacombs ?

Post by OgreOzai »

many years ago the catacombs (there were many entrances) but the spot i used was in dirimloth dungeon. The place was closed many years ago due to the iron elementals and people able to macro spells to hit them and run back out to a safe spot without getting hurt. So the place was closed to the speed of leveling. as i remember it.

Now with all of the changes in game to monsters, leveling etc. etc. can we please have the catacombs back so we can access the quests in there? seems like it would just be a simple linking of rooms? there are quest references and room references to the place yet we can not access the place. not sure if the place just fell through the cracks or was forgotten about. but it was a pretty cool area, and it tied up some quest chains and gave answers/clues to other things as well.
Raislin
Immortal of Magic
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Magic

Re: catacombs ?

Post by Raislin »

Do you mean the Tranos ones?

Could it be the lower caverns?
OgreOzai

Post by OgreOzai »

i always remember it being called catacombs, but i think lower caverns may have been the name as well? not entirely sure. it was not the place in tranos dungeon. I believe there were multiple ways o getting into them although. it had a place with fairies, iron elementals. and it was a pretty big area. Nacko actually figured the whole area out, and probably knows what it was called better than i do. but room 1540 in dirimloth dungeon still references the entrance of what im referring. it use to go down from there.

The area in dirimloth dungeon where the entrance to this place was located is a pretty decent sized section of dirimloth dungeon. About as large as the rest of the dungeon and with the entrance to this place having been removed from this section of the dungeon makes this section of dirimloth dungeon save for 1 quest offer entirely useless/pointless. like 15-20rooms that have no use at all since the place had been removed(think the area served as like a mini maze then you found the way down into the removed content)

I remember specifically the place having the entrance removed because of how spell casters leveled there. with recent changes doubt this would be an issue anymore.
OgreOzai

Post by OgreOzai »

nacko helped me remember it. It was called the lower caverns.
Raislin
Immortal of Magic
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Magic

Post by Raislin »

That area was removed 10+ years ago - it wasn't well formed and over the years it's been overwritten. Quests and such have been reused. If there's anything specific you think is missing, I can go see if it's still around.
OgreOzai

Post by OgreOzai »

i will dig up the quest line for you that required you to go down there. i know i had the item recently, ill check my notes. Thanks for the feedback rais!

Return to “Game Suggestions”