Brewing

New ideas for the lands
Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing
Guild: Druids
Temple: Healing

Brewing

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

While I do appreciate the ability to brew my own drinks, there are a few things that could be improved upon to make it a more enjoyable experience.

1. A shop that sells empty glasses. - There is a shop that sells containers for the brews now, but an empty glass is not among them. I have to drink other stuff just to get a glass. Which I think is absurd. Hopefully this will be a feature at some point in the future, if it's not already in game and I just don't see it.

2. Unable to hold more than one lump of sugar. - Having to go to the place to get this item is infuriating as it is already, and not being able to go and get several at one time is a bit much. I believe all of the items used for brewing should be able to be obtained in bulk. Specially if the end result is a single glass of ale.

3. Cool Down - Having spent time gathering items needed to brew a dark stale ale, I found that there is an accumulative cool down timer between brews that reaches upwards of 112 seconds which is about when I stopped making them because I ran out of items again. Again, if we are only able to brew a single glass worth, why the insane cool down between brews?

4. Making the items stackable in the inventory - As a brewer it behooves us to gather a great deal of items to brew several things at once, and not being able to stack them based on like item in the inventory is also a bit rough.

5. Brew Multiple Items instead of a single glass - I think brewing a single glass per brew is not enough. Perhaps brewing a keg? Then mixing it with a glass will pour a single glass of Dark Stale Ale? Not sure why the recipe was only made for a single item, but I think it would be much more enjoyable specially for the low amount of experience you gain from brewing as it is (1.0% every two brews). There should be some benefit to the low experience, the massive cool down, and how annoyingly far it is to gather up all the items necessary for one brew.
Naria's Grace, Alyce Kiltspar, Heroine of Healing
Warden of House & Village Dominium
Proprietor of:
Granite Inn, Shadow's Cross Tavern & Inn and Ebb and Tide Tavern
Pari
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Death

Re: Brewing

Post by Pari »

Over a year later and I am revisiting this post. All of these things are still issues and still really annoying. Particularly only being able to carry one lump of sugar and the effort it takes to acquire it.
Also the fact that you can spend ages getting all of these things, finally brew an item and it doesn't even improve your brewing skill? Wtf. Someone please look at this!
Silk

Post by Silk »

1. I will add the glass. - Done (will do more as time goes on)
2. I will look at the sugar. - Done
3. I will look at the cool-down time. - Done (dark stale ale...will do more as time goes on)
4. I thought they were stackable, so I'll look at it. Ping me the exact items that aren't?
5. There are a couple that are more than a single drink. I can take a look at brewing more and then "breaking" it into single drinks.
Pari
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Death

Post by Pari »

Thanks Silk, really appreciate your quick action!

Return to “Game Suggestions”