Rare Item Drops

New ideas for the lands
fearecia

Rare Item Drops

Post by fearecia »

Instead of making items have a 2% drop rate so that you have to camp a creature and kill them 50 times, make these rare items quest rewards. The Zir quests are already ripe to be set up for this, since there's one for basically every single named creature. I'd suggest doing this for any item that requires more than 10 kills to get an item (so anything with less than a 10% drop rate).

Impacts to game play that I can see from this:
  • No more camping of timed spawn swarms for extended periods of time.
  • Extremely difficult bosses don't require multiple kills (IE, Giant Kings)
  • No passing of rare items between characters (IE, stat totems)
  • More continuity with gameplay, as this would reduce grinding and encourage more exploration.
  • Slow down/change bday leveling, as people won't be able to pre-gather rare dropped items (IE, stat totems)
  • Increases the value of some dropped items, as suddenly people will only be able to get them once
I'm sure there would be other impacts, but this is what I can think of off the top of my head. The adjustment to the system might be somewhat large, as you'd have to edit tons of Zir quests, but with the goal of slowing down combat and leveling, this might be a good way to help with that. We'd probably have to add a few quests too, since some swarms drop multiple items. And something would have to be done for the druids (druid only examine in the swarm area?) so that druids could also get the necessary item.

Just another thought I had after working to help kill the Great Wyvern over 50 times for one item.

Return to “Game Suggestions”