Thought on Summer Perk System

New ideas for the lands
Kollin Byrne
GM of Knights
Guild: Knights
Temple: Light

Thought on Summer Perk System

Post by Kollin Byrne »

Once an OOC month, there is a "holiday week" where some perk is active in game, one of which is double xp instead of a full perk month.
Others could be along the lines of: the 1.5 damage bonus, increase gold drops, etc etc...

An example schedule
2nd week of every month is perk week.
April = double xp
May = extra damage
June = extra gold
July = freeplay month
August = extra damage
etc etc.

I think that most folks feel obligated to level while the perks are active. I know I did and yes I leveled quite a bit.
I think with the current system, its easy to put off other aspects of the game for a long period of time.

I don't think there's a problem with wanting to take advantage of perks, but if they were more often i think the obligation factor would decrease. If you miss it you know its coming around sooner than a year.
Even if all that happened during the perk period was leveling and hunting for the majority of the realm, its only for a week, instead of a whole month so the social and RP aspect doesn't suffer as much.
SInce it would be on a schedule, you could work around it/with it for any potential events. (big hunts to kill big bads during extra damage week, not scheduling your story event for that week, etc etc)

Anyway, just a thought.

-Kollin's Ooc.
m011

Re: Thought on Summer Perk System

Post by m011 »

I was going to suggest "perks" once a week myself, for one hour or two hours. You can do it on a friday/sat night or at peek times, or at low traffic times maybe a monday evening, to raise traffic. I wouldn't do bonus damage though, just double EXP. Just my thoughts.
Ranger_Shifter
Guild: Rangers

Re: Thought on Summer Perk System

Post by Ranger_Shifter »

I agree that the perk system does a number of positive things, gets people thinking about the realms again who haven't, drive quite a bit of activity etc. But it certainly makes it more one-tracked. Level/quest before story building and RP. If the perk system were more often for a lesser stretch it may drive more consistent activity to do what we all really stick around to be a part of, unfolding stories. My initial gut reaction would be a few hour chunks, set in advance, so people would have to show up before and wait for them to go live. Then there would be an attentive audience after the perk events to engage in more realtime RP.

Cheers, thanks for the summer perks. I definitely enjoyed them!
~ Nonchalant Shifter

Return to “Game Suggestions”