Battlemage "Boons."

New ideas for the lands
fearecia

Battlemage "Boons."

Post by fearecia »

This is also kind of a bug, but not truly a bug, so I'm sticking it here.

Battlemages (the guild) get several special spells that boost their defensive spells. Unfortunately, there appear to be NO HELP FILES FOR ANY OF THEM. So I literally can't look up what the boon does, what spell is the prequisite, etc, without trying to learn the spell (which kinda sucks, by the way). There was also no information on the wiki that I could find about them. So, could we please get some help files on these things?

Also, I've figured out the hard way that the boons are based on "second-tier" spells. So, for "Benjuk's Strength," it is predicated upon learning Giant Strength to Outstanding (lvl 9). Now, this seems extremely counter-intuitive. Why are we basing a boon on a second class spell, when we all know we're going to go learn Dragon Strength to the max level and apply the boon to that casting? So, basically, having to learn Giant Strength to lvl 9 is just a build point sink... which kinda sucks, frankly. On a low level player, build points are not terribly prolific. Also, Battlemages go through a lot of build points, being a hybrid guild.

So, in short: Could we please get some help files for the "boons." Secondly, could we get them swapped to being based on "third-tier" spells so that we don't have needless build point sinks?
Silk

Re: Battlemage "Boons."

Post by Silk »

May need Raislin to confirm. But it was done because the third tier spells were not supposed to be available for the Battlemages as a "guild". However, these self-cast spells had a few perks over the third tier spells.
Name: Benjuk's Strength
Pre-Req Skill: Magic Spell Use (Outstanding)
Pre-Req Spell: Giant Strength (Outstanding)
Affect: Strengthened
Bonus: 5% greater than Dragon Strength

With that said, You would learn "Giant Strength" to Novice and get a third-tier spell. Or...learn "Giant Strength" to Outstanding and get the third-tier spellbut is 5% greater.

The actual "Boon" spells would then be 2.5% better than the existing ones that can be cast upon others.

So it isn't a bug that it would be Outstanding, however if the effectiveness isn't large enough we are happy to look at that based upon the numbers you are getting. Please feel free to submit the:
Spell-
Spell Level-
Magic Skill Level-
Mysticism Stat-
Average of 20 casts-
fearecia

Post by fearecia »

Ahhh. I wasn't aware that Bmages weren't supposed to have access to the higher level spells. My bmage is old, so she existed before the boons did, so my bp allotment is all out of whack. What little I did get to play with the casting (granted, I was combining with Dragon Strength) showed that I could get a Red of about 95, which is pretty darn nice. I don't think I quite have everything maxed out yet, so I'll let you know what the values are after I level her up a bit more. So if the intention was to remove access to certain spells (at least, until you access the HoL), it makes sense to base it on second tier spells.

Otherwise, I know Salumas has told me that the boons give him pretty great bonuses, so cool. In the end though, getting help files added would be excellent. Help prevent people from running into the same issues I did and putting bps into the wrong spells and going... what, why?! Lol.
Silk

Post by Silk »

+Matt (wish I could tag someone in this) to do the wiki magic he does for these spells.

Return to “Game Suggestions”