Terris Tiered-Subscription Levels

New ideas for the lands
marcin
Guild: Warriors
Temple: Temple of War

Terris Tiered-Subscription Levels

Post by marcin »

Good Evening,

I trust this letter finds many of you well, and mostly our wonderful staff.

I would like to sincerely request a dialogue to begin to develop a tiered subscription baseline to promote renewed interest into our great community. I'll keep this short and sweet, but please comment. Any consideration (large or small) would be a welcomed response.

(1) Existing FREE trial conditions

(2) $5.00/month
- One (1) character
- No restrictions

(3) $10.00/month
- Three (3) characters
- No restrictions
- Expanded inventory/bank/gold limit
- 1.25x EXP gain

(4) $15.00/month
- Nine (9) characters
- Shared Non-temple, Non-guild locker and bank (family type RP)
- 1.5x EXP gain
- Use of "Clan" as a family or surname

This is just something to start a dialogue. I know a good amount (10-20) people would love to return with their main character, and many others who might be intrigued to do a bit more. I would also suggest removing the free subscription for GOs/TLs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time.
- Marcin's OOC
::salute::
WARLORD GM Marcin, Blade of Zir!

"Only the Dead see the end of War!"
Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing
Guild: Druids
Temple: Healing

Re: Terris Tiered-Subscription Levels

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

I have no thoughts on the subscription levels. I have a couple of characters but not enough for this to be any significance to me.

However, and I'm not saying this because I take advantage of the free TL/GM subscription, but I really have enjoyed the activity around the realm surrounding it. It has certainly kept players from becoming comfortable with their positions and has promoted some healthy competition. Those players who do work hard for their guild and or temple deserve it. Those who don't haven't been re-elected. Also most of those who are GMs are in most cases TLs so the amount of the free subscriptions are not vastly superior in numbers that it is a problem.

I believe other incentives combined with RP has proven to be a winning combo. The problem is burnout. When you're constantly doing RP, and I'm sure it's the same for staff, you get mentally drained.

I truly feel that Terris is a superior product and we should pay for content. However, like most games I would prefer to see Terris have expansions you pay for. Like Pragma, you pay for it and it is unlocked or flagged on our account and with that we gain access to new weapons and armor, new mobs, quests galore, etc.

You'll get say all of the basic cities and towns and the general hunting areas 1-100 but after that you have to pay for premium areas with new skill shops, items so on and so forth. I like paying for things like that because it gives us a choice and because we all know people will pay for extras.
Naria's Grace, Alyce Kiltspar, Heroine of Healing
Warden of House & Village Dominium
Proprietor of:
Granite Inn, Shadow's Cross Tavern & Inn and Ebb and Tide Tavern
marcin
Guild: Warriors
Temple: Temple of War

Post by marcin »

Alyce brings up a very interesting view, and I applaud the discussion getting on the right track.

I would also pay for expansion and/or additional content being unlocked (such as your examples).

Anyone else? I think it's a noble effort to see if there are ways to streamline activity and/or options for people who are a bit more casual but do not want to fork the $15.00.

Not that it's "a lot" of money, but I have read through some of the "old player posts" on facebook, and a few have mentioned they'd sub if it was $5.00. (could be just chatter)

-Marcin's OOC
::salute::
WARLORD GM Marcin, Blade of Zir!

"Only the Dead see the end of War!"
Ermak
Guild: Assassins
Temple: Shadows

Post by Ermak »

I wouldn't mind paying for extras.

However, I wouldn't suggest Pragma as others have already accessed it and reaped its rewards. So to force others to pay for something others obtained for "free" wouldn't be fair in my eyes.

However...Perhaps if the HoA were to be brought back it could be used for this. Or perhaps adding help files to mortals as they did years ago. There are a number of different possibilities for this.
Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing
Guild: Druids
Temple: Healing

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

I mentioned Pragma as an example because of how long it took them to recreate the area. So on and so forth. I think if they were to add anything going forward that's what would be pay to play.

I think adding the HOA as a pay per use. As an example you pay 3.99$ and you would be sent a token or key in your in game messages. The key would disappear after each use.

The possibilities for this are endless and would be very lucrative if done correctly.
Naria's Grace, Alyce Kiltspar, Heroine of Healing
Warden of House & Village Dominium
Proprietor of:
Granite Inn, Shadow's Cross Tavern & Inn and Ebb and Tide Tavern
sliper
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Fate

Post by sliper »

I think the problem is it's hard to assess what the demand is. I love the idea of premium content- it's also a great tool for RP. Maybe we get to Khatar, or otherwise find some new island. Maybe it's places already within the realm never used or opened. Some would want new hunting grounds, others would prefer quests. I certainly would have paid for Duergers. Plus if you were to pay for new content, you would also probably want to buy a subscription so you could gain the exp from it.
Sliper, Charter Member
alcestis

Post by alcestis »

Great ideas. I'd pay $5 a month with Ali so I could access spells, chats etc, but I won't pay $15. I'm guessing that's a relatively quick and easy change, too. I love the other ideas too.
Aeth
Guild: Battlemages
Temple: Dreams

Post by Aeth »

It would be nice to see something like this. I know a lot of other MUDs ..well games in general have had success retaining or bringing back old players with a "credit" based system or micro transactions. I don't know if this would work with Terris, but I do think that in-game currency should have more relevancy like it used to. I'm not specifically saying gold, but there has to be something that could be used to give added benefits to the non-subscriber or lowest level subscription level people. I know this has been beaten to death since the dawn of time, but the current price for the game is a huge barrier for getting new people into the realm.

Aetheron

Return to “Game Suggestions”