Lines Crossed

A forum for followers of Dread. - This temple is currently closed to new members, titles, and items.
mireilla

Lines Crossed

Post by mireilla »

Upon entering a lavish chamber at the Shrine to Dread in Twilight, Mireilla wondered why it felt so cold. There were thin pools of liquid fire lining the walls of the chamber, spreading an orange glow throughout the shrine. However, no heat emanated from the fire.

The cold room accented her cool feelings as she gazed upon the differing crests of the Dread Gods. She always found the altars and shrines to be a bit ironic for Dread, however for some reason she loved the idea of the ritual of worship.

She recalled the brief time she'd spent away from everyone… from everything. She recalled her renouncement of her membership to Dread. She did this at a time when she seemingly had everything going for her. She was a guild master, a temple leader, and a Steward of the lands among her vast achievements. However, the more powerful she became, she wondered at the reason. She spent so many hours in the service of others. Perhaps there had to be a better way to … worship.

Perhaps it was Silk's recent imprisonment and loss of power that caused her to become introspective. That coupled with the words of Deori, The Creator, "You are banished for now, keep your powers of Shadow and Dread in your prison; and know that they will do you no good."

Dread will do you no good? I can't believe that. Dread will do the most good. I believe that with every bit of my heart.

And then she thought of him…

That Kyuss had left her, caused her great pain. The Dracolich was formidable and haunting. He was clever and powerful and served as a symbol of Mireilla's dedication to her faith. She wondered if he truly felt her change? She wondered if he could tell the difference between leaving an organization and leaving an idea… the difference between leaving him or having him stripped away.

She had to think of a way to contact him. She knew he had to be somewhere. But where? What was he doing… How does one reconnect with their lost dracolich, anyway?

Mireilla dipped the handle of her Dread Totem into a pool of the liquid fire. As she swirled the totem around the fire, she released a bit of the stored energy it held within. The flames sputtered and gurgled. The room instantly heated up.

"Return to me, my treasure… We've so much
work left to do."

Return to “Temple of Dread”