A Sinister Enterprise

A forum for followers of Dread. - This temple is currently closed to new members, titles, and items.
venis
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Dread

A Sinister Enterprise

Post by venis »

Venis declared matter-of-factly, "What you're recommending is criminal in virtually every hemisphere of the world."

Mireilla continued, "Ook. What do you suggest then? There's no legal way of doing this sort of thing."

Venis cringed slightly, replying, "Even assuming for the moment I was to humor this idea, these are people we're talking about. People go missing and they're, well, missed. Where do you expect us to acquire this kind of resource in the surplus we'd need to start such an enterprise? There are also some moral issues with something like this."

It was Mireilla's turn to cringe. Morality? Complete hypocrisy. "Speaking of humor, it's funny to think that we could ever pull off something so heinous and keep up some guise of… morality. But, I do love a good laugh. And, there is a demand that must be met with supply somehow."

"Let's continue to assume for the moment, for the sake of hypothetical, that I was looking more for the answer to who, and how? People are not generally regaled as cattle in some sinister enterprise."

"This coming from a man of Twilight… a land of slave trading? Chattel, cattle… same difference. Let's be ranchers. I suppose this is where the world likes to throw morality at us… So, I assume pirating slave ships is off the table?"

"No, that's not going to happen, but it does give me an idea. We need to do our best to keep any Twilight resources out of this one and focus the profits this may generate... or the blame... solely upon ourselves."

Return to “Temple of Dread”