Devils in the Details

A forum for followers of Dread. - This temple is currently closed to new members, titles, and items.
vampirss
Guild: Barbarians
Temple: Dread

Devils in the Details

Post by vampirss »

After hours of sparring and fighting, the bruised, bloody, sweaty vampiress slid down the wall to the floor, leaning against the wall as she sat. Her axe “
Perditio” lay across her legs dripping with blood. Xerius sat in the middle of the room nursing his wounds.

Since the noise stopped, a servant opened the door to the pit and asked, “
Is there anything you need?

Satyana looked up at him, weary, “
Some food of whatever he wants and I need a blood source. Fetch me someone to feed from.

His eyes went wide, not used to working with a vampire. He stuttered his response, “
Yes mistress,” and took off to get it done that instant. There was no way he wanted to find out what would happen if there was a delay.

Her gaze then turned back to Xerius as he continued to lick at his wounds, “
Ready for us to work together now and get Lord Silk back where he belongs?

The devil growled low between licks, “
It would be more productive, perhaps. What can we do to get him back? He was imprisoned by the Creator. How do you get back at him or make him do anything?

She was licking a wound on her arm while he talked so she could close it while awaiting her vessel. A low, guttural laugh seemed to fill the room before she spoke, “
You said it. What can you do to the “Creator”? Easy. You un-create his creations. Do you and your fellow devils feel mighty destructive as of late?

He looked at her puzzled,”
Always, why?

Because we are going to set you loose time and time again. Destroy the trees, mountains, guilds, temples, buildings, every being you come upon until it is known that this part of Dread will be unleashed until his return.

Xerius shook his head, “
Are you sure you want to get the Creator’s attention in such a way?

Slowly she got up off the floor and put her axe away. “
For more years than I can remember, many have thought Dread was a group of pompous, power-hungry blowhards that would wilt when pushed. I, for one, have never been that sort. We, as Dread, have been pushed by the Creator to take action. It is time we unleashed the power stored within. Everyone shall feel the might boasted by the Order of Dread.” She was smiling as she continued. “I’d give my life if it was deemed necessary to bring Lord Silk back among us. I don’t believe that will be necessary. However, I’m sure we'll find out soon enough.

As the door opened Xerius said with a grumble of his stomach, “
Let’s rain down destruction until there is no room in their heads for anything but Dread.

The boy walked in with several others, sides of beef being set down before Xerius. Once the food was delivered, everyone took off right away not wanting to stick around. The boy left and returned quickly bringing two people with him, “
I hope these two will suffice. Teens lost in the forest, elven in nature. They said they were looking for Woodtop in search of their father. Their mother having recently passed.

Satyana took in this tragic news, “
Yes, they will be just fine. Put them in my chambers. I’ll be there shortly.

He nodded and led the young teens away. She looked at Xerius, “
Discuss this among your fellow devils. I want to get started soon. I know you may say several devils will die in this endeavor, and they surely will. Then I will just ask, What is their life in comparison to Lord Silk?

She left the room, the question hanging there as she closed the door.
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
High Lady of Twilight, House Umbra
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress

Return to “Temple of Dread”