Rumors

A forum for followers of Dreams, Nightmares, Hope and Faith. - This temple is currently closed to new members, titles, and items.
Omnicat
Guild: Enchanters
Temple: Hope and Dreams

Rumors

Post by Omnicat »

The Warlock Pharsyde eyes the beer glass through the light, gives a slight snarl as he sees yet another spot, and again rubs at the glass. Living his worst Nightmare, being a shop keeper at a sweet and ice cream shoppe, isn’t so bad some days. He smiles slightly to himself as he thinks of the living Nightmare the new shop keeper next door must have to endure. Although, truth be told, Lady Hera probably will enjoy the Temple members traipsing through her new shoppe.

Pharsyde puts the glass away on its shelf and grabs a special glass that holds the Faith Floats. He plunks a few scoops of ice cream into the glass and fills the remainder of the glass with magical seltzer, but foregoes the catnip. He swirls the glass as he leans against the polished bar; Images form then disappear in the swirling mists of ice cream and seltzer. Images of Lord Sidney fade into images of Lady Hera shrieking as another Templar fidgets while she tries to adjust the new gown. This image, too, fades, and Pharsyde gives a hearty laugh at Lady Hera’s expense.

Pharsyde is just finishing his Faith’s Float as a new Temple member walks in.

“Greetings, Pharsyde!” she says. “Might you help me with something?”

Pharsyde narrows his eyes at the Templar, giving a slight nod.

“I have heard rumors! Rumors of a new shop! What can you tell me?” She asks excitedly.

“Yes…” He responds, drawing out the response. “Lady Hera has opened up a secret shoppe. You’ll have to ask Lady Omnicat or a Temple Leader for further information. Although I dare say you will have to prove yourself first.”

“Pr…prove, myself? In what way?” Her eyes widen as she asks.

Pharsyde looks the Templar up and down slowly, frowning.

“I do not believe you are of sufficient rank nor experience to even ask, much less granted access.” He responds gravely. “Nor have enough riches to your name to purchase even the smallest article.”

“You will have to rise to at least the third rank within the Temple, or due to age or experience, be excuse from that requirement. Then you will have to find 4 different items within the realms; one to represent each path of the Temple, and either give a written presentation on the Temple boards, or oral presentation to Lady Omnicat or a Temple Leader.” Pharsyde continues, “But mind you, do not let the simplicity fool you. This is no easy task.”

With that said, he turns away and begins washing his glass.

Return to “Temple of Dreams”