Song Inspiration

A forum for followers of Dreams, Nightmares, Hope and Faith. - This temple is currently closed to new members, titles, and items.
bithany

Song Inspiration

Post by bithany »

As she was told to do previously by Equinox, Bithany decided to make a trip to Lyresong and see how things were faring there. She checked out the Temple of Love and their gardens. Even though Rexington hasn’t been around, Axis, Briannae, Annya and Roin have done a good job of keeping things taken care of in the gardens, well pruned and cleaned up.

She went then to the Sign Language school ran by Briannae. Sitting down and talking to her was interesting, a lot of reading her scrolls since she didn’t know sign language. It was time to make a mental note to enroll in the school and learn, there were many applications where it would be useful, and speaking to a citizen of the barony was just one of them. While there, though, she learned that the school has been having trouble getting shipments of new books for the students and chalk for the boards. There was no known trouble, that she knew of, with shipments getting through, so she would need to ask Equinox, or whomever was in charge now, if they had any word. She informed Briannae she would look into it further and then went to find a place to rest for the evening.

Further into the city town she went until she found a place to get something to eat and drink before bed. She sat at a table with soft candle light and sweet music flowing in the air at the Knotted Spirits. While waiting on dinner she asked the girl waiting on her where to go. The girl told her that since she was on business, she should go to the Manor House and stay, they would expect her to go there. Once she was finished eating, she paid for her meal, tipped the girl and headed to the Manor House.

Upon entry to the Manor House, she was taken upstairs to a large bedroom and offered a hot bath. She agreed to that, thinking it would feel great to get all the desert dirt off of her. She got her things together as the tub and hot water was brought into the room. After the last person left, she opened the windows and sat in the tub and closed her eyes, enjoying the music that sifted through the room. The song that played right now seemed to speak to her, the words….perfect.

As I sit here and slowly close my eyes
I take another deep breath
And feel the wind pass through my body
I'm the one in your soul
Reflecting inner light
Protect the ones who hold you
Cradling your inner child

I need serenity
In a place where I can hide
I need serenity
Nothing changes, days go by

Where do we go when we just don't know
And how do we relight the flame when it's cold
Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing
And when will we learn to control

Tragic visions slowly stole my life
Tore away everything
Cheating me out of my time
I'm the one who loves you
No matter wrong or right
And every day I hold you
I hold you with my inner child

I need serenity
In a place where I can hide
I need serenity
Nothing changes, days go by

After the song was over, she heard it in her head over and over again even as the next one was going. The water getting cold, she got out and lay in the bed to enjoy a good night's sleep listening to the words and music that went with it repeat, her mind completely at ease.

(Song from Godsmack's Faceless album - Serenity)
Bithany
Serenity's Paw
Jarenmar's Scribe

Return to “Temple of Dreams”