The Union of Toril and Sahya

Announcements about weddings
venis
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Dread

The Union of Toril and Sahya

Post by venis »

A formal announcement missive bearing the depiction of a serpent coiled around a dagger and a small stack of gold coins is left, and it reads:

"To those it concerns,

The wedding of Toril and Sahya will take place on the otherworldly evening of Saturday, January 9th, 2015, sometime shortly after 9 P.M. CST. Reception to follow immediately after.

Cordially yours,

V."
radiance
Guild: Monks
Temple: Hopes and Dreams

Re: The Union of Toril and Sahya

Post by radiance »

Congratulations to the couple!

Radiance
venis
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Dread

Record of the Ceremony: Toril & Sahya

Post by venis »

The groom requested a record of the ceremony, and paid me a remarkably generous sum for the same, here it is:

In a Snow Covered Clearing
The snow here has been smoothed to create an even surface. Rows of chairs fill most of
the clearing, meticulously arranged to leave an aisle leading to a platform of packed snow.
At the center of this platform stands an altar of ice, sculpted and colored by skilled hands.
Simple flowers and vines at the bottom gradually give way to exact replicas of the Warlock
and Barbarian crests. Surrounding the clearing is a ring of massive bone-crafted torches,
bathing the area in a light which makes the altar sparkle, and providing ample warmth.
Obvious Exits: South
Players here: Velvet Mireilla Toril
Sliper Ryzalia Vespers

Velvet says 'What a lovely room'
Ryzalia nods at Velvet.

You see Toril's Ice Wyrm begin to nudge at Toril's side before he begins to brush off the beast.

Sahya drifts from the south, upon a icy vapor that curls and creeps along.

Velvet turns bright red and blushes.
Velvet forgot she hadnt greeted everyone
Velvet says 'Hello and congrats to the lovely couple.'

Sahya stands at the end of the aisle, her eyes scanning the area and resting on Toril.

As Sahya approaches the aisle it is illuminated in magelight, showcasing her resplendence and grace.

Venis stands at the foremost center of the platform and observes Sahya as she makes her approach from the back of the aisle.

Sahya steps forward calmly making her way to the alter.

Venis smiles a brief, fading type of smile, glancing between either.

Toril straightens his posture into a firm, attention stance.

Venis says 'We are gathered here to celebrate the union of two people so very different.'

Velvet gives a soft coo.

Venis says 'The first is a ruthless fighter, barbaric to behold. The second a shrewd, calculated magic wielder. '
Venis says 'Yet, for some reason or another, these two have decided those differences aren't enough to keep them apart.'
Venis smirks briefly.

Sahya faces Toril as Venis begins to speak.

Venis says 'To the contrary, they stand before this collective professing they will manage to tolerate those differences for an eternity'

Toril's attention based stance seems to melt if only slightly at Sahya's smile.

Venis says 'They wish to stand beside one another on pleasant days, yet closer on those unpleasant that befall them. '
Venis says 'And that is... why love is a curious beast.'

Velvet nods towards you.

A faint shower of snow flurries begins descending from the heavens all throughout the ceremony.

Vespers looks up

Venis says 'Now then, I'll ask you both...'

Mireilla begins to shiver.

Venis asks 'Before we go through with this, are you both positive you can stand one another until the end of time?'

Sahya says 'Yes.'
Toril says 'I am, yes.'

You give a quick nod.

Venis says 'Then, it is my understanding both parties have prepared vows for this occasion.'
Venis says 'At this point I'll ask the groom to share his.'

Toril takes in a deep breath before slowly exhaling.
Toril says 'Sahya...no....Laylah. We have known each other for...well, so long. Centuries have past. Stars have moved...'
Toril says 'And yet we have always known, from the deepest pits, from the darkest nights, that we would always be one.'

Sahya slightly raises a brow but stays quiet and attentive.

Toril says 'It is truely the greatest honor and proudest moment in my life that I am able to truely make you mine, despite...'
Toril says '...what we may have said, what we may have known in those cells...'
Toril says 'To make you completely and fully mine. We have known much time apart...far too much time, as some may say...'
Toril says 'But I like to think that it has made this moment all the sweeter. This moment, I will cherish with all of my being.'
Toril says 'I love you, Laylah. As I have centuries before, as I will centuries and ages from now.'

Toril takes Sahya's hands into his and raises them upwards to press a gentle kiss to her knuckles.

Venis asks 'Has the groom completed his vows?'

Toril stares deeply into Sahya's eyes as he states, "I have."

Venis says 'Then at this point I will invite the bride to share her own personal vows.'

You give a quick nod.

Sahya smiles at Toril and pulls her hand back slowly to her side.

Toril's eyes close for a moment before releasing her hands. His eyes open again to listen to her speech.

Sahya says 'Our relationship has always been a calm in the chaos.'
Sahya says 'We were born into it and I expect us to do in it.'
Sahya says 'Our childhood as you states was not happy but I found my first moments of peace with you.'
Sahya says 'In those moments a friendship developed but grew into more than child's play as we grew.'
Sahya says 'You became my partner in the hunt. As if we were dancing in perfect step and tune with each other'
Sahya says 'Defeating everything that stood in our way. At the end of the day my solace was always found in you'
Sahya says 'Even when moments of unspeakable horror approached us.'
Sahya says 'You have been my strength and a source of reliablity for more days than I can count. '
Sahya says 'I stand before you today to make a vow and a promise that I will always be a form of security and trust as you have been'
Sahya says 'For me.'
Sahya says 'I stand here today to tell you I love you and that vow will never be broken.

Venis smiles that same fading type of smile he has, sincere in the briefest of moments.
Venis says 'Alright, then... Ves... if you wouldn't mind terribly returning the rings to either one of them, we'll begin the finale.'

Toril can only offer the most sincerest of smiles he has ever pronounced to literally any living being on these isles.

Vespers smiles.
Vespers UNPACKs her Wedding Ring
Toril takes Sahya's hands into his; damn the procedure, whether it be called for or not.
Vespers UNPACKs her Wedding Ring
Vespers steps up toward the couple

You see Vespers hand the rings to each with a small lopsided smile

You thank Vespers for all the help.

Sahya gives a small nod and smile to Vespers.

Toril beams the broadest of smiles a barbarian can afford to Vespers

Venis says 'Alright, Toril, please adorn Sahya with the wedding band and repeat after me...'

Toril's smile refuses to fade as he lowers himself to Sahya's hand and presses the ring onto her finger.

Sahya dons her Wedding Ring

Venis says 'I, Toril…'
Toril says 'I, Toril'

Venis says 'Offer this ring to you, Sahya…'
Toril says 'Offer this ring to you, Sahya,'

Venis says 'As a symbol of my undying, unwavering affection.'
Toril says 'As a symbole of my undying, unwavering affection..'

Venis says 'I promise to cherish you for all days before us and forsake love with any other but you.'
Toril says 'I promise to cherish you for all days before us and forsake love with any other but you.'

Venis says 'I shall regard you as my queen, even when you vex me with your witty banter.'
Toril says 'I shall regard you as my Queen, even when you vex me with your...witty banter.'

Venis says 'I swear to defend you, even when I am too feeble to wield my weapon.'
Sahya smirks at Toril.
Toril says 'I swear to DEFEND you, even when I am too feeble to wield my weapon.'

Venis says 'I adore you, and you shall want for nothing with me at your side.'
Toril says 'I adore you, and you shall want for nothing with me at your side.'

Venis says 'For eternity, I am yours, this I swear.'
Toril says 'For eternity, I am yours, this I swear. '

You nod your head at Toril.

Venis says 'Sahya, please adorn Toril with the wedding band and repeat after me.'

Toril's eyes never leaves Sahya's as he swears his vows.

Sahya takes the ring and pulls Toril's hand up. She slips it quickly onto his finger.
Toril dons his Wedding Ring

Venis says 'I, Sahya…'
Sahya says 'I, Sahya'

Venis says 'Offer this ring to you, Toril…'
Sahya says 'Offer this ring to you, Toril'

Venis says 'As a symbol of my undying, unwavering affection.'
Sahya says 'As a symbol of undying, unwavering affection.'

Venis says 'I promise to cherish you for all days before us and forsake love with any other but you.'
Sahya says 'I promise to cherish you for all days before us and forsake love with any other but you.'

Venis says 'I shall regard you as my king, even when you embarrass me or have far too much to drink. '
Sahya says 'I shall regard you as my king, even when you embarass me or have far too much to drink.'

Venis says 'I swear to let you defend me, even though I am capable of doing so myself.'
Sahya says 'I swear to let you defend me, even though I am capable of doing so myself.'

Venis says 'I adore you, and you shall want for nothing with me at your side.'
Sahya says 'I adore you, and you shall want for nothing with me at your side.'

Venis says 'For eternity, I am yours.'
Sahya says 'For eternity, I am yours.'

You give a quick nod.

Venis says 'May any witnesses who have cause for objection to this union speak now or forever hold their peace.'

Venis after some duration announces... "Then..."
Venis says 'By the authority vested in me as the vicar of Dread, I pronounce you both husband and wife.'

Venis says 'Toril, you may now seal this union by kissing your bride.'

Toril brings his left hand up to the back of Sahya's head
Toril's right hand rests humbly at Sahya's lower back
Toril brings her in close to press his lips to hers.
Sahya returns the kiss pressing her lips gently to his willingly.

Venis says 'Please join me in congratulating, for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Toril.'

Return to “Marriages”