The Mortal Mystic Sage

If you want to communicate with everyone in the lands you can post here.
Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing
Guild: Druids
Temple: Healing

The Mortal Mystic Sage

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

Greetings,

I have created a game that I believe everyone will enjoy, it is called Mortal Mystic Sage. It works somewhat like what the Mystic Sage quests do in in game.

Mortal Mystic Sage

Rules of the Game:

• 1. Alyce will draw a single card from the Turoch Deck. That first card drawn represents a preselected area.
    2. Alyce will go to that area. She will shout with (or in some cases a land wide message) a vague description of her location. She will wait until she is found.
    *******The final prize will be reduced by half every time she has to give a hint to her location. Max 3 Hints********

3. Once Alyce has been found, you must ask her for a quest.
    4. Alyce will draw a second card from the Turoch Deck. That second card drawn represents a preselected quest item you must find.
    5. Once the Quest has been given, you must find that item and return it to Alyce.
    *******The final prize will be reduced by half every time she has to give a hint for the quest item. Max 3 Hints********

6. Alyce will verify that the quest has been completed correctly.
    7. Alyce will draw a third card from the Turoch Deck. This final card drawn represents a preselected prize.
    8. Alyce will award the prize, with any deductions made for hints.
    9. Alyce will draw a new card from the Turoch Deck and the game will begin again.
Beginning: Alyce will sit in Devardec Square as the starting point. When everyone who is playing is ready she will draw the “Quest” card. The game will proceed as written above from that point on.

Notes:
1. Some of these quests require a drop from a monster. If you are a druid or at such a low level you will be unable to obtain the item on your own, an alternate quest will be given.
2. The same quest will be given to anyone who finds Alyce and asks for a quest. (Unless you qualified for an alternate quest)
3. The FIRST person who returns the quest item given to them (regular or alternate) will be the only one awarded a prize. If two people return at the same time, the first player who entered the room will be the first one to attempt the offer. If they failed, the second person in the room will go next, and so on down the line.
4. Three cards in the deck do not represent anything. (Two of them are Knights Drinking Songs and another seems to be an error.) If one of these cards is drawn it is considered a "Redraw".

Prizes:
Prizes range from a base of 10,000g - 1,000,000 gold, before the multipliers or Sponsor Bonuses when applicable.
All prizes are randomly selected by matching up the Turoch Deck card with a preselected prize grid.
Your odds of winning 1,000,000 gold are 2 of 67 or a 3% chance.

Multipliers:
If you successfully complete two quests in a row the prize will be: x2 (after deductions)
If you successfully complete three quests in a row the prize will be: x3 (after deductions)

*Multipliers are not Stackable/Applicable with Sponsorship Bonuses. Meaning you get one or the other but not both.

Sponsorship
For 5,000,000 gold, your guild will get a two week sponsorship. (Only the GM can do the Sponsorship)
Only one Sponsorship at a time. Each Sponsorship will be done in the order in which they paid.
If no one has paid for a Sponsorship, the Druid's Guild is the default Sponsor, until one is paid for.
Sponsorship can be paid by either Guild Treasury or out of Pocket. That is up to the GM.

What do you get as a Sponsor?
1. Anyone who wins a prize from the "Sponsoring" guild will be exempt from hint deductions.
2. Anyone who wins a prize from the "Sponsoring" guild will receive double (2x) for each quest completed. (Does not stack with Multipliers)
3. Anyone from the "Sponsoring" guild will receive one "Redraw" per person, per game, on the “Prize” card draw. (If you get 10K you can ask for a redraw one time. You will get the greater prize drawn unless you draw the same prize. If you redraw the same prize, I will stack them, then add the “Sponsorship” bonus of 2x.)

Example: 10k draw, 10k redraw = 20k + 2x = 40k Prize
Example: 25k draw, 25k redraw = 50k + 2x = 100k Prize

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. I will address them here if the question(s) requires a public answer/clarification, through e-mail at DruidessAlyce@gmail.com, or you can ask me in game.

If you would like to donate gold or items to the Prize Pool, please contact me when you can. All donations will go directly to the game to make it better.
Last edited by Alyce Kiltspar on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naria's Grace, Alyce Kiltspar, Heroine of Healing
Warden of House & Village Dominium
Proprietor of:
Granite Inn, Shadow's Cross Tavern & Inn and Ebb and Tide Tavern
Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing

Re: The Mortal Mystic Sage

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

Question: If there are items dropped from kills, am I not as a druid, condoning killing?

Answer: No. I am not condoning killing. I never have and never will. The game was originally a Druid only game, and therefore all the "Quest" cards were items obtained through pacifistic means. This makes the game slanted to favor those who are heavy questers. To balance the game I added items only obtainable through hunting. Then to make it more challenging for higher level players and those who can kill, I added a few items that were only obtainable through higher level monster drops.

Resolution: Should a player get a quest, who is not able to obtain these items because they are a Druid or because of difficulty of quest, I will offer a redraw on the "Quest" card if they are the first player to find me to have me draw the "Quest" card. If the player comes after the "Quest" card has been drawn, they will need to wait for the next round.

Note: There are only 10 cards of the 67 that require a monster item drop. About a 13% chance of getting a monster drop "Quest" card. The easiest item from a kill is a "Small Animal Skin" and the hardest is a "Goat Horn". This is just to show the rage of difficulty and odds of actually getting those types of quests.

Also keep in mind, I am not actually taking the items from anyone, you just need to show me the item and be the first one to do so to draw the "Prize" card. Therefore I am not breaking Druid Charter by hosting this game.
Proprietor of:
Lamaenor
Guild: Enchanters

Post by Lamaenor »

What a wonderful idea!

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I think the game benefits as a result.
Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

Sponsorship - As an added incentive if your GM sponsors, I will also give the GM the ability to schedule times and dates for the game to be played during the guild's two week sponsorship. (Of course providing the scheduling doesn't interfere with my OOC schedule.)
Proprietor of:
Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

The Wizards guild is the first sponsor of the MMS. They will be the sponsors from January 22nd, 2019 12pm EST - February 5th, 2019 12pm EST. I will be starting the game January 22nd. There will be an announcement in game when it begins and ends. If you enter the lands and you see me with the title "Mystic Sage" you will know the game has begun/in process. Wait for the next announced clue to enter the game. If I do not have the title "Mystic Sage" the game has ended for the day. Please do not ask me when the next game will be starting as I will be randomizing them. I will make an honest attempt to make sure to play the game at different times of the day and days of the week so that everyone has a chance to play. The only one who can request a specific time/day is the sponsor.

Good luck to everyone!
Proprietor of:
Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

Yesterday was the first game, and it went about as well I expected it to. I ran it during a low populated time, primarily to make sure there were no hiccups with any parts, or glaring issues. I found quite a few things that I could change to make the game better. So I’m going to address them here.

1. To start the game I will be stationed in Devardec Center/Square. This will remove me having to draw a card and finding a spot and starting the game there. It gives players a main point to follow me. The first card drawn will be the “Quest” card. The game will proceed from that point as outlined in the rules.

2. I have made some of the quests easier, as well as creating an “Alternate” quest for lower level players that would otherwise not be able to reach or obtain the quest item alone or without assistance. So depending on who is playing at the time, I have the ability to make it a more level playing field.

3. Some of the locations that were on my sheet were from the last time I ran the event during the Great Arcane Assembly. A few were meant to be difficult to get to, including lower levels of DET, Keltz Tower etc. All of these have been changed to locations that are accessible to lower level players.

4. I am adding a bonus to the game for the sponsoring team. Instead of the 10% increase of your prize, all prizes will be doubled. Including the 1,000,000 gold prize. I will make adjustments to the main rules above to reflect that.

The game should run flawlessly now. I hope more people just hanging around in game, will actually come out to play during the next one.
Proprietor of:

Return to “Landwide Messages”