The Dreamwalker Sleeps...

If you want to communicate with everyone in the lands you can post here.
Kylu Dreams
Guild: Monks
Temple: Dreams

The Dreamwalker Sleeps...

Post by Kylu Dreams »

The sun was just beginning to set on the final day of Weeping Skies as Kylu arrived at the small house in Riverrun. As he had instructed, the key was left in the doorknob. The Monk took a brief moment to appreciate the array of colors the sunset painted across the sky, then stepped inside, closing and locking the door behind him.

Leaning back against the door, he closed his eyes and let out a long, slow exhale. He could feel the turmoil boiling. The Dreamscape was screaming for his presence, but he would not heed it. Not yet.

He looked around the room. It was bare of any furnishing and very clean, exactly as requested. More out of habit than concern for security, he began going through each room of the home, taking time to reflect on recent events. He would miss being Minister of Devardec and Guildmaster of the Monks, short as his term was.

'Devardec will continue to thrive without me, as it always has. Young Monks will step up and usher in a new age of the guild, as they should. They do not need me.' He nodded to no one as the thought completed.

He reached the master bedroom, and found the only piece of furniture he'd requested: a large bed with fresh linens. Kylu lowered to his knees on the floor, taking the shard of the Dreamscape into his hands and focusing on the task at hand.

He'd spent months exploring the Dreamscape every night, trying to find the source of the 'disturbance' (as he'd began referring to it), but it had eluded him. He needed more time to traverse, to explore, and waking every day would rob him of that. There was no other calling. Only this now. He would not wake again until he had found and quelled this 'disturbance'.

"I am the Dreamwalker." he said aloud, suddenly glad no one could hear the resignation in his voice. "This is my purpose."

As he climbed into the bed, he briefly thought about those who had gotten lost in the Dreamscape, never to come out. Kylu closed his eyes and whispered 'Goddess, be with me.'

OOC: Due to real-life issues, I will be unable to dedicate the time needed to be present in game to fulfill the responsibilities of office. While I am not quitting the game per se, I am more or less retiring Kylu for the time being, as I have no idea how to play him and not get involved in things. I will occasionally be around on alts as I am able to be at the computer. I apologize for any events or storylines damaged by this sudden development.

Return to “Landwide Messages”