Ringdancer

A place to remember fallen friends.
mad baron
Guild: Monks

Ringdancer

Post by mad baron »

My beautiful Ringdancer passed away today. Please celebrate her life by posting your memories of her.
radiance
Temple: Hopes and Dreams

Re: Ringdancer

Post by radiance »

I am so sorry, I had no idea she was even ill.

My first memory of Ringdancer was when we were in the Temple of Light together, and we would tease that we were going to leap from the Spire of Dawn because we were mad (crazy). Seeing that Radiance was losing it, Ringdancer then invited her to join the Mad Knights.

My condolences.

Radiance
anerausa

Post by anerausa »

You tell Ringdancer "bell"

I'm pretty sure that's most people's first memory of her :)

I enjoyed playing the story line with Oligar with her and how she played along as Anera's character changed, even inviting me to attack her mind for information leading to his then hidden fortress.

She always made me feel welcome and invited to play with her, and that's the legacy that I try to hold onto when I deal with new people. She made a point of inviting many people into her family in game, and treated me like family out of game as well. I am happy to be part of the culture she created in Norland.

She left these lands long ago, and lives on forever. She may have now left the real lands as well, but there too, she lives on forever.

Sending love MB, my thoughts are with you .
Runescribe Anera
Erilaz of Dragons
cesium

Post by cesium »

Ringdancer was a wonderful writer, and roleplaying with her over the years helped me to grow as a writer and a RPer. I enjoyed the times of random RP with both of you as a MK, and again years later with Ringdancer during the Oligar storylines. I looked back at the archived boards recently, and a huge amount of the Oligar threads were written by her. If you look back there, you'll find several longer stories that she took her time planning out and putting together, asking others for their input, how their characters should behave, etc...she made it a point to actively involve others.

This was so, so long ago, but if I am remembering correctly, she was an artist, too...I believe she painted pictures of Terris characters based on their players' descriptions of them, back around maybe 97-99. Sadly mine was lost to time, but if I ever find it buried on an old hard drive I will surely share it with you.

She always made me feel okay about the fact that I was a slow leveler.

MB, my deepest condolences. I wish you and your family the best and I will be praying for you. Much love.
mad baron

Post by mad baron »

radiance wrote:I am so sorry, I had no idea she was even ill.
She's had high blood pressure issues for years and had been skirting near diabetic territory. She had difficulty breathing on Friday morning so I called the EMTs. By the time they got her into the ambulance she'd stopped breathing and gone into cardiac arrest. EMTs brought her back, but she went into arrest again in the ER, this time for about twenty minutes. Her potassium levels were extremely high. They had her on life support over the weekend but the EEG today showed no brain activity.
radiance wrote:My first memory of Ringdancer was when we were in the Temple of Light together, and we would tease that we were going to leap from the Spire of Dawn because we were mad (crazy). Seeing that Radiance was losing it, Ringdancer then invited her to join the Mad Knights.
I remember those days! You guys were crazy with that whole leaping from the Spire thing.
mad baron

Post by mad baron »

anerausa wrote:You tell Ringdancer "bell"

I'm pretty sure that's most people's first memory of her :)
She would say it drove her up the wall, but I think she secretly got a kick out of it.
anerausa wrote:She always made me feel welcome and invited to play with her, and that's the legacy that I try to hold onto when I deal with new people. She made a point of inviting many people into her family in game, and treated me like family out of game as well. I am happy to be part of the culture she created in Norland.
That was one of her amazing abilities. She'd been playing Second Life these last few years and she created the same culture there. Her SL family is just as devastated as we are.
mad baron

Post by mad baron »

cesium wrote:Ringdancer was a wonderful writer, and roleplaying with her over the years helped me to grow as a writer and a RPer. I enjoyed the times of random RP with both of you as a MK, and again years later with Ringdancer during the Oligar storylines. I looked back at the archived boards recently, and a huge amount of the Oligar threads were written by her. If you look back there, you'll find several longer stories that she took her time planning out and putting together, asking others for their input, how their characters should behave, etc...she made it a point to actively involve others.
She was amazing in her ability to do all of that. She was more prolific than I was, and with way more characters. She had alts that you guys don't even know about! I'm not sure how she kept it all straight but she did. After we left TERRIS, I came across an envelope where she'd written out a dozen different account names and their passwords. It occurs to me that the population may be so low now because half the players were Ringy's alts!
cesium wrote:This was so, so long ago, but if I am remembering correctly, she was an artist, too...I believe she painted pictures of Terris characters based on their players' descriptions of them, back around maybe 97-99. Sadly mine was lost to time, but if I ever find it buried on an old hard drive I will surely share it with you.
Yes, she did quite a few character portraits in the AOL years. She used to paint in real life as well. I have one of her paintings, a still life, hanging in the hallway.
Kriztina
Guild: Knights
Temple: Chivalry/Light

Post by Kriztina »

First...so sorry to hear this, it was a blow for us here, can only imagine what it is like for you. Prayers your way MB.

Second...memories of Ringy. I don't even know how many of my characters she has worked with over the years, but as Ringdancer, she had always been helpful. On more than one occasion, she would ask me what I wanted for my character for something she was creating, making sure it was something befitting my characters persona. She wanted to make sure it was just right.

She pushed my character into doing something I didn't feel she was ready for, knowing it before I did that I was. The confidence she showed in me made me want to do even better than I thought. I wanted to prove her right.

She didn't think a character picture I used was quite right for her so she got some information and made one for me. Incredible. I still have it and will always keep it in memory of her. She touched my heart and will never be forgotten.
Lady Kriztina
Duchess of Abrams Landing
Killraven
GM of Battlemages
Guild: Battlemages

Post by Killraven »

I'm so sorry.

She was always very kind and inclusive, even to a bastard like me. She could make you feel like you were fast friends within moments of meeting her. Two worlds are poorer and dimmer for her passing.

You tell Ringdancer 'bell'
Takashka of Terris

Post by Takashka of Terris »

I knew her before Terris. I lived in Terris because of her.

In Terris I was her sister, Takashka, mother of Oligar.

As much as I loved writing with her, I find that now I am unable to find the words to truly express my grief. She has always been my sister and my heart is breaking.

She is my sister, in Terris and in life, my only true sister. May she live on, always, in her children, her husband, her friends and family. I love you Ash. Always.

Return to “Fallen Adventurers' Memorial”