Greetings from an old player

General Chatter
Kinam

Greetings from an old player

Post by Kinam »

Soooo...

Where to start? I suppose I could start where I'm from.. I'm from wa~y back when this was on AOL. Dunno why I remembered this game, but something made me search for it again. I doubt I'd play much if I'd gotten into it again (especially with all the graphic games that I've got in my library), but who knows, I might pop in...

Anyway, I suppose my big question is: Is the game still pretty popular and have a large population? I mean, I get it that it might be low, but, I do remember back then that I could run between the two main towns, and passing only a couple people, but mainly that I could step in the spring / healing place just outside Devardec and there'd be at least 3-5 people always there chit-chatting while healing up. Is it still that "busy"? Also remember there being a little bit of world-chatter.

If I'm reading things right, being a "freebie" player, I'd not be able to have spells cast on me, wouldn't be able to even chat ... and limited to level 30 cap...If ... IF I were to start playing this, I'd probably much rather be able to chat at the very least to ask for help, seeing as I'm sure everything has changed from when I last played so so many years ago. I'd hate to get in and get hooked in so to say, and then decide to subscribe, only to find that the game's empty and no-one to party, chat, or do much with...

I realize to even get started with a subscription you'd have to have a character already started, so I may step in to see if it's still the same as I remember, but ... figured I'd turn to the boards where I could actually post / ask these things before thinking of digging my heels in so to say.

Anywhos, figured I'd at least post to say HI to anyone that may have remembered me (I believe I used the same name back then LOL). I do remember many of the staff names, but still, it's been a great many years since I played, and I wasn't a "power player" at all back then, so didn't really hit super high content at all. I do remember having macro chains set up to walk me between towns and to get me out of some of the mazes heh heh.

Kinam
jaimie lachlan
Guild: Thieves
Temple: H/Priest of Nature

Re: Greetings from an old player

Post by jaimie lachlan »

'ello Kinam! Welcome back! As fer yer questions, well, there are quite a few o' us still in the lands. At any given time there can be up to 20+ people in the lands. But it's not like the old AOL days of 200+. As an unsubscribed player ye can still world shout an' send tells and join a guild etc. So being able to interract with others is a given and ye can with nay issues. Most folks use world shouts and hang out amid dev and tranos recall areas. If'n ye see a familar name don't hesitate t'say hello in tells!

good t'see ye again!

Ta....
The Pirate King
Jaimie Lachlan
Captain of the first rate ship, "The Grimwave"
HIgh Priest of Nature, Duke of Thunder

Kinam

Post by Kinam »

Awesome quick response, was kind of expecting to possibly end up being a couple days before a response came in LOL.

Thank you for the information. I'll see about popping in and go through the tutorial again... I just remember so much from so long ago ... but not enough to feel confident of everything. The last time I played was way way way back when "player housing" was just starting to be implemented. so yea, that was what... almost 20 years ago? sheese... I'm just not only surprised that the game's still live, but pleased that there's that chance of possibly enjoying it a little bit. I certainly don't remember any of the quests or anything like that, so I might end up having to have the wiki up to see what to do. Also... I don't remember any "optimum" builds, like what to train in and when. I remember having fun with wizard though, so I might start off with that.

20+ at a time isn't a whole heck of a lot, but that's a bit more than I'd have thought originally at this time. Now, I certainly don't remember what level I was way back then, but I'm not certain if level 35 (cap) is still considered early, or if it's mid game ... I don't think it was even close to late game content though. but again, it's been almost 20 years, so yea.

*Edit* : I know there's maps available on the main page. I'm using the "wizard" desktop app thing, was there a way to have the map actually visible on the side that would sync up with where I'm at in the world so that I could see where I'm at? Like, I used to remember the whole (safe road) path between the two main towns, but it'd be good to have a live "follow along" map set up even if on another monitor (have a 3 monitor setup LOL)
Lamaenor
Guild: Enchanters

Post by Lamaenor »

I can say as both a new player and a level 35ish player, that I still find the game to be quite enjoyable. I'm on almost every day and have been hovering around 20-35 for the last six months or so. To me, levelling is secondary to role-play. I know for everyone it's different, but I certainly don't have an "optimum" build, and I still have a lot of fun with the game. Hope to see you in-game soon!
Dagda
Guild: Druids
Temple: Peace and Nature

Post by Dagda »

welcome back
Kinam

Post by Kinam »

Thankies...rolled "kinam" up as a wizard, forgot how difficult it was to kill things as that, so re-rolled a sorcerer named Adalon ... so, I'll be around for a bit at least

Have some "projects" going to work on that hopefully might entice me to stick around some, and maybe even do premium...we shall see though
Stryph
Guild: Warlocks

Post by Stryph »

I've recently returned myself. If you are ever looking for a traveling companion or someone to attempt to remember some old quests with let me know. Would be great to group up.
Stryph - Tir - Rath

Return to “Wibble”