Terris Hardcore Ladder - Intro and Update String

General Chatter
Kylu Dreams
Guild: Monks
Temple: Dreams

Terris Hardcore Ladder - Intro and Update String

Post by Kylu Dreams »

The Terris Hardcore Ladder is an OOC side project meant to inspire fun and banter between its participants. It has one rule that is the most important: if you die, you are out. There are no exceptions to this. Lag out and die? You’re out. A passing immortal decides they don’t like your face and murders you for no reason? You’re out. Whatever other way you can come up with to die that isn’t your fault? You’re out.

Please ensure that you read all of the following, as ignorance will not be considered an excuse.

Specifics:
* Participants must create a fresh character to play. All participating characters must be born after 7 Hallow Month 472.
* All race, class, guild combinations are available for use.
* Participants must announce their active character name either on the boards in reply to this post, or via email to me at KyluDreams@gmail.com . Personally, I am not creating a fresh board name for my character, Sabrite, but you may do so if you wish to keep your identity hidden.
* Participants should provide updates on their level progress (or gruesome demise) regularly to keep the ladder up to date. You do not have to post every single time you level (once a day is typically enough).
* All updates must include character name and level, and can be either posted in this thread or emailed to me at the address above. I will keep the ladder updated accordingly.
* Posts containing the current full ladder will be done on Sunday and will become finalized for the week at 11:59 pm CST on Saturday. Any updates received after that time will be included with the rankings the following week.
* There is no time restriction or end date. It is a continual ladder ranking.
* In the event that a character reaches level 300, guild ranks will be used as a tie breaker. Otherwise, guild ranks are irrelevant to the ladder.
* If a character meets its end, it can still be played as a normal character if you have grown attached to it. You are allowed to create a new character to begin climbing the ladder again. Personally, I will be going with death = deletion, but that is not required to participate.
* Finally, death is literally any type of death. Your second line of EXP should begin with ‘You have been killed 0 times in your career’. ANYTHING that causes that 0 to go to another number counts as death. This is not flexible. There are no exceptions.

Please note: while this is an OOC project, the game we are playing still has other players whom should be respected as well as policies to adhere to. Please limit ladder discussions to chats or tells. Names chosen should be appropriate for the game. Hardcorerocketz might be an apt name, but it is not an appropriate one.

If any disputes arise, we will use screenshots for verification, or if a divine is willing to confirm your status, that will work as well. Considering deaths are a public thing and all characters will be listed on the ladder, it shouldn’t be an issue, but I thought I’d throw it in there just in case.

This ladder is open to anyone who wishes to play. Just announce your goods (or send me an email with them) and you’re in and off to the races. Hopefully we can all have some fun with this.
Kylu Dreams

Re: Terris Hardcore Ladder - Intro and Update String

Post by Kylu Dreams »

I have created my hardcore character, Sabrite.
Kylu Dreams

Post by Kylu Dreams »

Sabrite wakled into a trap and died at level 7. He has been deleted. Starting a new HC run with new character, Akillo.
Jericho
Guild: Thieves

Post by Jericho »

Sabrite spelled backwards is Etirbas
Kylu Dreams

Post by Kylu Dreams »

It is. Etirbas is also Latin for 'Dies in a dumb way'. That's how I got the name.
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

I can't help but feel that I walked into that.
sliper
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Fate

Post by sliper »

My contribution to this is named Crash.
Sliper, Charter Member
Kylu Dreams

Post by Kylu Dreams »

Akillo is level 14.
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

To symbolize the futility of the challenge, I will be using the name "Sisyphus" as I roll the boulder uphill for eternity.
Raislin
Immortal of Magic
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Magic

Post by Raislin »

We could add a hardcode mode and leader board if this works out and is something people want to do. One addition (hardcode 2) may be no guarding.

Return to “Wibble”