Joining / Departure

Killraven
GM of Battlemages
Guild: Battlemages

Re: Joining / Departure

Post by Killraven »

sliper wrote:Of course, you don't have to have skills be the factor tying combined guilds together. You could have a 'darker' guild of Assassins and Warlocks, and a 'lighter' guild of Wizards and Knights.
Not that I'm softening my position, but you raise an interesting point, Sliper, and it struck something in my memory:

This is Frostfall's standard. It can be found on the flag in the center of the city, and at the doors to the lodge:

The intricate weaving of threads depicts the Coat of Arms for
the City of Frostfall. A Wand, a Stiletto, an Axe, and a
Runesword cross over a field of snowy white, all bound
together by a thorny stem that opens up into a Winter Rose.

Building a "hub" in the city of Frostfall where the guilds from that city (to include the Assassins, despite them relocating, in my view anyway) could congregate and share resources would be among the least objectionable ideas to me personally. I don't know how tightly bound in lore or in practice the Guilds are in other cities though, so forgive my ignorance.

But maybe that's the proverbial compromisory key. Not so much as a closing or a repurposing of the existing Guilds, but maybe a joining, with a hub "building" (Adventurer's Guild? Hall of Legends? A lodge? Dingy bar?) and shared leadership. One person "in charge" of the "hub" (appointed or voted in) with "lieutenants" (gm's) in charge of their individual Guilds. They could possibly share shouts (hubshouts? Cityshouts repurposed?), resources (gold, tithe, luck) and so on. Still separate, but part of something "bigger" and more centralized given population.
Stryph
Guild: Warlocks

Re: Joining / Departure

Post by Stryph »

Hello everyone I am a recently returning player to Terris and am trying to catch up on the future plans on Terris.

For the record I believe that guilds should be something that greatly influences your play style and interactions with others. While we would all like to be all powerful and be able to do everything and train in every skill it causes a couple of bad effects to happen. No one needs to group because they can already do everything. Everyone ultimately ends up exactly the same with no real distinction between class guild race. I believe that making each guild more specialized is more beneficial to the growth of Terris than the opposite and if anyone has the time I would love your thoughts and suggestions on my post in game suggestions of a returning player.

As for removing people from guilds, I have seen this done in many other MUDs in my time away from Terris and would like to offer a few suggestions.

1. Only one vote per account in any election.
2. Players do not lose any skills or abilities upon leaving the guild but will need to forfeit the guild specific skills learned when transferring to a new guild with different guild skills/spells.
3. Removal be based off at least a majority vote (again with one vote per account)
4. Only Premium Accounts can vote in elections or removals
5. While playing a character who has been removed from a guild you are still able to learn guild skills from members of your old guild who wish to go against the mandate of the guild (past awesome) at an increased cost of BP and Gold. (Can have or not have increased costs)

This would allow for opening up RP possibilities in both removal of guild members but not massively hamper a players growth if they did decide they wish to continue their profession without being apart of the guild so long as they have an in within the guild. (Must be a different premium account to study from).

What is the current usage of tithe and gold inside of a guild outside of buying luck?

Love to hear comments and opinions even if its telling me these are horrible thoughts as long as you take the time to explain why.

Thanks Everyone
-Stryph

PS If any of this was already stated and I missed it my apologize.
Stryph - Tir - Rath

Return to “Guild Changes”