Character planning not planner <edited>

Questions about the game play, skills, spells, etc
Rhaegos
Guild: Monks

Character planning not planner <edited>

Post by Rhaegos »

Hi there,

So I'm getting some of my older characters back into the world and I'm curious if there are things I should be training or ways to improve my game play experience by making sure I have "x" skill.

I remember for years back that spiritual karma and physical training were always important each level along with whatever weapon skill you were using. But I'm curious if maybe there is something else I'm missing?

For spell casters is it best just to level the single target third tier spell and aoe spell? Or just focus on the aoe spell? For melee's do you have to have warcraft and stunning blow and called shot and multiple attacks? For assassins do you need to focus as much on your weapon skill or just your assassinate skill?

These are just things I'm curious about. Making sure I don't ruin a character because I'm training the wrong stuff.

Thanks!
Rhaegos -
Brother of The Monks Guild,
Follower of The Way
Seeker of Balance and Harmony
Guild Officer
anerausa

Re: Character planning not planner <edited>

Post by anerausa »

Getting Spiritual Karma and Physical training as quickly as possible is still desired by most as it will increase your sp and hp gain respectively until level 50.

Mage Skill/Spell learning- Learning the spell itself multiple times will increase the damage/potency/effectiveness of that spell however, it will also increase the sp cost of that spell. Learning the Skill to match the spell (SSU/NSU/MSU) will increase the damage/potency/effectiveness of all the spells in that school, although by a smaller degree then the spell itself. I would recommend getting the spells you are using to a good midlevel before maxing it out, or you will burn through your sps too quickly. Once you are at level 50 or more, then go ahead and max them out as your sp pool should be large enough to handle casting the spells multiple times before resting/restoring your spell energies. So I would learn your third tier spell 5 or 6 times, then move on to the room 5 or 6 times before maxing either.

Melee skill learning: Priority would be given to your weapon use skill , 1 hand/2 hand/martial arts/missile weapon. Then yes, you still want to learn called shot to increase damage with the AIM command, warcraft to increase damage all around, multiple attacks to hit multiple times, and stunning blow to give you a chance to stun the enemy and provide you with some crowd control. You will also want to pay attention to some defensive skills like toughness, dodging, spell resistance, and resilience.

Thief type skill learning- Again weapon use is a priority for fast attacks, followed by stealth (for quicker hiding times and a chance to rehide after an attack), Assassinate ( for the one hit kill), then the same layout as a fighter from there to increase your damage. Also most will add poisoning and herbalism to increase the strength of the POISON they can apply to their weapons

There's some general guidelines, to be more specific I'd recommend speaking to a guild officer of your characters guild to get more specific help and advice catered to how your character's desires and roleplay. For instance, even though it was available back in yesteryear, I never learned any PT as I wished to play a mage with a strong mind and weaker body, I also mastered fire spells first because I had a bad experience with a fire spell in my origin tale, so I wanted to conquer my fear of fire before learning other elements. I learned 1 handed but rarely use my staff or wand, instead preferring my spells primarily, or my bow simply used for the enchantments placed on it rather than the damage it poses on its own.
Runescribe Anera
Erilaz of Dragons
Rhaegos
Guild: Monks

Re: Character planning not planner <edited>

Post by Rhaegos »

Thanks for the reply.
Rhaegos -
Brother of The Monks Guild,
Follower of The Way
Seeker of Balance and Harmony
Guild Officer