Blackmithril Shield Examine

Questions about the game play, skills, spells, etc
adonojah
Guild: Monks

Blackmithril Shield Examine

Post by adonojah »

When you examine Blackmithril Shield, it says: This item is a piece of ARMOR. Use the Mix command to use it.

Contrast that with Blackmithril Arrow and Blackmithril Sword: This is an item used to make weapons. Use the Mix command to use it.

From what I can tell, actual armor/wearable items are Body Armor, Head Armor, Leg Armor, Foot Armor, Ring, Necklace or Charm, Bracelet, and Gauntlet, and they all use Wear or Activate, not Mix.

Is Blackmithril Shield going to stay that way, or will it be changed to something more consistent with the other two?

I'm not complaining, I just want to know if Blackmithril Shield is what you intended and is going to stay that way, or if it was something that was overlooked when you were implementing all the new attributes and classifications. I've been accounting for things in the Item Info Template as I comes across them, giving Items that implement the template a generally consistent look and feel with the output of the game.
Silk

Re: Blackmithril Shield Examine

Post by Silk »

It will be changing.
adonojah

Post by adonojah »

Thank you. I'm guessing: This is an item used to make armor. Use the Mix command to use it. Correct?
Silk

Post by Silk »

No. It would change entirely to make more sense from a crafting perspective.
adonojah

Post by adonojah »

Thanks. I'll just create that one in the wiki if I see it again and it's not the current value.

Return to “Game Questions”