Free play and XP boost

Questions about the game play, skills, spells, etc
axis
Guild: Battlemages
Temple: Temple of Love

Free play and XP boost

Post by axis »

Are there any statistics available for the free play boosted period such as avg player numbers before/after, number of players actually leveling characters etc?

This simple change made the game feel really different with some energy and activity I have not seen for a long time. Any considerations to future payment / xp increase boosts?
sliper
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Fate

Re: Free play and XP boost

Post by sliper »

Anecdotally I can mention we had several warlocks actively leveling during this time, and I personally gained 9 land levels and 38 guildlevels. I also saw someone was leveling a Druid character during this time, which was probably a very smart move. <g>
Sliper, Charter Member
Maugath
Temple: Dread

Post by Maugath »

I've seen quite a few active people, though some were also active before the free play period began - maybe just more so during it.

Speaking for myself, this character was created after the period began..I gained roughly 125 land and 125 guild levels over the time. Was hoping for more, but unfortunately hunting issues and time got in the way of that. I know a couple of other characters created with the purpose of taking advantage of the experience boost that got at least near or above the level 50 mark.
Stryph

Post by Stryph »

I returned not knowing anything about the EXP boost but simply a strong desire to see and play in Terris again. Is it possible to have a flag that you can turn on and off to see how much EXP is gained per kill as well as the bonus exp added in?
Stryph - Tir - Rath
Dagda
Guild: Druids
Temple: Peace and Nature

Post by Dagda »

Its an interesting idea, it would ultimately lead to people knowing exactly which creature to kill for best exp gain and enhance some of the issues with combat we are talking about in the first place as everyone goes to kill fluffy bunny the great at level 25 rather than a mix of creatures..so while the combat is as it is I can't say its an idea I'd personaly favour for people to have the best possible ingame experience.

there is a monster table/hunting guide on the wiki

Dagda Immortal of Peace and Nature.
Silk

Post by Silk »

In theory the amount of experience gained shouldn't matter as it is % based and not always the same. You can share it, you can get it. But saying you will get 6000 experience points will not mean anything to a player when they don't know how many experience points it takes to get to each level...and not all levels are the same as there is a natural progression.
Stryph

Post by Stryph »

No but you would know a squirrel gives you 10xp and a rabbit gives you 15xp. Which for at least myself would make me more apt to hunt out good exp spawns more over just farming at one location for 50+ levels.

People already hunt 4 locations thru 130 so your not losing anything there. It's a mute point if those really are the best locations to hunt. By showing a percentage of exp gained your doing the same thing your just not breaking down the numbers for someone is all. Which I suppose it really doesn't matter if I want to determine the best exp I can do that by killing and resetting my exp gains per creature. Seeing the amount of exp would just be a quality of life improvement.
Stryph - Tir - Rath
Raislin
Immortal of Magic
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Magic

Post by Raislin »

Don't have levelling times. Peak was about 25% up on a few months prior, though max numbers tend to build from summer onwards and then drop off for spring.

Return to “Game Questions”