Demoness Nyssa

A forum for followers of Death.
demoness
Guild: Barbarians
Temple: Death

Demoness Nyssa

Post by demoness »

Nyssa was born the youngest of five brothers and sisters and protected by her sister Katrien for most of her young life. Their father, a foul man at best, beat his children at will. He showed his rage when Katrien stopped him from beating Nyssa one night. The next day he sold Katrien at a slave auction. Nyssa cried every night for a month, missing her only true friend. In the months that followed, her father got upset often at her, and beat her within an inch of her life repeatedly. The last time, fed up with her disobedience, he tossed her out into the slave auction and sold her as well. His daughters, the youngest two sold to slavery, the oldest used for his mere pleasures. The young ones got off easy. Nyssa was sent to a village where her new master was raised. He wanted a young one to cook and clean and any normal errands that would arise, and then once she was old enough, use her for other purposes. One night, the village held a great celebration. The men and women alike drank themselves into a stupor, and Nyssa saw her chance to escape. With just the clothes on her back and a simple dagger, she ran quickly and quietly into a world she knew nothing about. She hopped a small boat and made her way across the seas, landing on the shores of Terris. She was found there by a member of the Barbarian’s Guild, who took her there to recover from her journey and injuries. When the slave owners discovered her escape, they searched everywhere for her. The kind stranger and the Guild protected this shy, tattered soul. The slavers found her in Frostfall and that is where they lost their lives. The guild members killed them before they could lay another hand on Nyssa. With a newfound freedom, she started learning as much as possible. The stranger that showed her such kindness, Kylu, saw her changing her armor one day and noticed a brand on her shoulder. He knew he had seen it before, twice actually, both times on a fellow guild member. One was on Katrien, the other on Satyana. He knew that Katrien and Satyana were half-sisters, sharing the same father, that’s where they got the marks. Could it be another sister? He heard Nyssa’s story of her family, but was never told the name of the sister that was sold before her. He talked with Katrien and got the two girls together. It was true, they were all the same marks, they were all sisters. Even after finding out about her sisters, Nyssa didn’t get very close, always afraid of getting too close to anyone. Each person she has ever cared for in her life has been hurt or torn away from her. She didn’t want that any longer. It was time for her to think of herself. She joined the Theater des Vampires after hearing of some things that would help her hunting ability, making her sights extraordinary and adding to the awareness of her surroundings. She dared to love, and lost it just about as quickly as it came, giving up after the last one. Hunting one day amongst the Dandy, she found herself dying a few times, visiting Naria quite regularly. Ryla, a female from her guild, was there each time she visited. They didn’t speak until Nyssa made her way there for the fourth time. Ryla smiled wickedly and spoke, “You have been here quite often. Rezzing is not something you do?” Nyssa stopped to talk to Ryla, wondering why she would ask something like that. “I believe that rezzing is something that the weak do, don’t believe in it for myself.” Ryla was impressed and sat down with Nyssa, talking to her about the Temple of Death, following the teachings of Master Corin and Mistress Kilana. The more Ryla spoke of this, the more excited Nyssa got about the whole idea. Nyssa read the scrolls of information that she received from Ryla and sought her out for a pre-interview. She learned even more during this time, knowing as she listened that this was where she belonged. Now she steps forward into the temple, working hard to prove herself, serve her Master and Mistress well, and to thrive as she knows she can.

Since my arrival in the temple two and a half centuries ago, many things have changed in me since the above information was written. That was me...many years ago. It seems a life time ago now. I chose the path of demonhood at the time because it was who I am. Being a demon is not a chosen life for the weak, it is who you are. Those that think it is an easy life will fail. Master Corin taught me the path well. With his blessing, he joined me with another demon to strengthen our bound together and within the temple. He has since passed on to another plane, but my being still dwells within the lands. It may not be often, but it is still here. I've gone through the ranks of the temple once, even being its leader for two centuries. Things change as time passes and it is now my time to move forward with a new Lord of Death. I thank him for welcoming me within the only place I have ever felt at home, ever been whole...Death. So it is for a Demoness.
Demoness Nyssa, Savant of Death

Return to “Temple of Death (Catseyes)”