A missive on filthy parchment

A forum for followers of Death.
Grief
Guild: Brotherhood
Temple: Death

A missive on filthy parchment

Post by Grief »

A parchment containing a request for audience with those in service to the Keeper is left behind. It appears specked with dirt, filthy, and as though folded and unfolded many times.

"There once was a time I was called by another name, perhaps even a surname you would recognize. That's because it turns out I was born to one of those haughty, tinkering Gnomish families who fancy themselves inventors. But richness of the soul does not come from the collection of coins in a vault, nor can identity be fashioned from familial assigns. To follow in kind with my siblings seemed a disservice to myself, lazy, lackluster and unoriginal. Hence, I have forsaken worldly riches in exchange for hard work. I have chosen to cut the ties that bind me to family and walk my own path. What could be an easy life would leave me unfulfilled, so I have gladly relinquished it. My soul yearns for struggle, difficulty, and so I am now simply called 'Grief'.

I, Grief, am a most miserable wretch unworthy to petition your fellowship. But I trust that in denying me entrance you will teach me further humility, for which I will be most grateful.

Oh, great temple of Death, Lord Keeper of Souls, forgive your most unfit servant for longing to learn from you and suffer on your behalf."
Pari
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Death

Re: A missive on filthy parchment

Post by Pari »

The filthy parchment is now tacked to the board with an actual fingernail. It is joined by another parchment, this one a pristine white in colour which appears to have been crafted from an animal skin and bleached.

Return to “Temple of Death (Catseyes)”