A deal is struck

Messages for the Order of Chaos.
Owner: Sherrie
sherrie
Guild: Wizards

A deal is struck

Post by sherrie »

Sherrie felt the Monk arrive before she saw him, yet the feeling of calm that came with his presence seeming to barely touch the surface of her soul. He had joined her on the small dock by the Inn that she now called home, a quiet place that did not afford the privacy some would have hoped given the conversation that was to follow. Another joined them, silently watching and listening whilst hidden from view.

Aras says in a soft tone "While, it might not be your speciality, I'm sure you would be able to offer the best of services. It is a big task, and could shape the outcome of Norland. It would surely etch your name in the history books."

It was the offer in exchange for her services that tempted her forward. She made no secret of it; it was not for her name to be recorded in the History Books, nor was it for the flattery he offered in the comment on her skill and reputation. There was more to it than that, and there was meaning behind his words. But she had a quiet faith that all would be revealed in time. For now, she would be content with the promise that was made and the hand of friendship to her Chaos and those that followed it.

Aras says in a soft tone "While I'm sure fame is not what you seek, I'm sure my powers could be used elsewhere or offer favor to you or a group of yours."

Sherrie's eyes sparkled with a glimmer some would recognise as hope, others of interest. "Your powers, to me or a group of mine?" was the short question, a tone of wonder lifting and softening the edges of her voice.

"There could be many advantages of having a Hero in your corner."

Her eyes never left the Monk, watching him closely as he spoke quietly and softly in a reassuring response to her questions.

"I believe my ultimate goal would add a Chaotic element to the lands, so why not assist those that are supporters of such task."

Sherrie says 'Will you reveal your ultimate goal? If it were to bring Chaos in part or whole... you would have my commitment....'

It was this small exchange that had tempted her forward. He had opened the door and she had taken a step toward it, but had yet to cross the threshold. To do what he asked would take a greater leap from him than simply these small and vague commitments. It was a big task, of that he had spoken true. It would mean she would journey down a path, she would be making a choice, that took her dangerously close to betraying the values she had held close for almost three hundred years.

Aras says in a soft tone "For you? I suppose I can trust you.." And with a small smile that curled only at the corner of his lips, the monk leaned in and whispered just two words into the Wizard's ears. The smile remained as he leaned back again, watching her closely whilst waiting for her to react.

Her eyes widened, her gaze never leaving his as she allowed a moment to pass to honour the meaning of the words he had spoken. "You speak truth?" the Wizard asked him, the slight tremor at the edge of her words would not have gone unnoticed by any who would have heard.

"Nothing but the truth," was the monks simple response. These were followed more quietly, almost teasingly with the last, "imagine the fun...." as his voice faded to silence, the words seeming to linger between them.

Sherrie asks 'I cannot.... well, how could I refuse?'

The threshold was crossed, and the door behind her closed.

Return to “Order of Chaos”