Introduction and Story

Messages for the Battlemages' Guild
Felton
Guild: Battlemages

Introduction and Story

Post by Felton »

Greetings fellow Battlemages! My name is Felton, and I would like to tell you a story.

Both of my parents were artisans, my father, an elf, made wooden instruments and my mother, a human, was a weaver. This was how they met and this is how I came to be. Unfortunately my parents split once I was born, my mother faced scorn from her kin due to the fact she had a child with an elf. My father took me to the silver lake and we joined the Silver Lake clan. I grew up in the Silver Lake clan and was expected to follow in my father's footsteps and make wooden instruments. I learned the craft and how to play the flute, but as I grew older I became rebellious and stopped my learning. My father made instruments for bards and they would often test the instruments out, it was from these performers that I heard the songs and tales of great adventure. Every time I heard a new tale or song, I would urge to leave the lake and go off searching for glory. On my 18th birthday I decided to travel to Devardec and seek my adventure.

Upon arriving in Devardec, I very quickly joined the Adventurers' Guild. I quickly gained experience helping the people of the city and thought myself ready to tackle the keep. My confidence and arrogance turned out to be my biggest mistake. I was in the keep hunting when I came upon a group of cultists mid ritual. Believing the legend I have made up in my head, I challenged the cultists.

"Stop your foul ritual and fight me!"

As they turned to look at me I realized that there were more of the cultists than I knew, 10 in total. Also at this point I realized while, being experienced at helping people get back their lost puppies and washboard, I had no idea what to do with a sword in my hand. I did the only thing I could think of, I ran as fast as I could. It was while I was running through the keep trying to escape that I bumped into some sort of mage. He or she had their face covered by a deep hood and I could barely make out their eyes. We both went sprawling to the ground, I didn't apologize or help them back up, I just ran as fast as I could. I was only concerned for my own life, and not the life I had just put in danger. I thought it was better if I were to live and the mage to die.

Later in Devardec, I was at the bar having a glass of wine and calming down. I all of a sudden felt very sleepy, out of the corner of my eye I saw that hooded figure I had left to die earlier. Shortly after, everything went black.

I floated in the darkness, with no knowledge of time. I had no idea how many days, months or years had past. Suddenly, I saw a butterfly being chased by a cat. The cat was batting the air trying to bring the butterfly down. As I got closer I saw the cat turn to me and ask, "Why don't you wake up and help me get the butterfly?" I felt the urge to open my eyes and was greeting by a blinding flash, shortly after I felt heat. It was a warm and pleasant heat, slowly I realized that the light and heat were from the sun. I slowly opened my eyes again, trying not to be blinded, and realized that I was awake. I found myself a forest, I tried to stand up and quickly fell down again. I had no idea why it was so hard to walk, then I looked down at my legs and saw that they were very thin. These were not the legs I walked around with when I was 18. I saw a thick branch near my hand and was able to use it as a walking staff and I slowly dragged myself towards civilization.

Some time later I arrived in Devardec, yet it was a different Devardec. There were people there I didn't know, and the Adventurer's guild seemed to have expanded. I wondered how long I had slept, this was much too much work for days or even weeks. It was only then did I realize that I had been asleep for a long time, a VERY long time. I visited the doctor and for the first time realized that I hadn't slept for just years, but centuries. I had been in a coma for 300 years. However, besides atrophy from being asleep for all those years, I didn't feel old. In fact I still felt the same as I did the day I was put to sleep. It was at that time, laying on a bed with people talking about the magic that caused this that I remembered the hooded figure and knew that I deserved the punishment that I had been dealt. I swore that I would never again leave someone to deal with the mistakes that I had made. That I would become strong enough to take care of anything I could get myself into. Also, that I would somehow find the hooded figure and apologize for my ignorance.

I happened to hear a name from one of the people who were talking about the curse they said Benjuk. It was a familiar name to me, Benjuk was one of the legends that I had heard songs about before my slumber. I asked to hear more, they stated that Benjuk was a powerful user of magic as well as battlecraft and perhaps they would have been strong enough to curse me for so long. I immediately dismissed the thought of Benjuk cursing me, but I was interested in someone who was powerful in both spells and war. It was from there I decided that I would learn the way of the Battlemage, I would never again be so weak as to let someone else suffer from my choices.

Felton

Return to “Battlemages' Guild”