Hearts and Minds

For Stone Keep and its Citizens
sliper
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Fate

Hearts and Minds

Post by sliper »

A young dwarf walks hurriedly down Locasta Lane, clinging tightly to a satchel draped across his body. He enters Hawthorne's, orders a round for the few patrons. He opens the satchel, removing a number of pamphlets, which he distributes before leaving, making numerous stops throughout the Keep this evening.

The pamphlets read, in all capitals for effect.

CITIZENS OF STONE KEEP,

YOUR GOVERNMENT HAS FAILED YOU. IT CANNOT PROTECT YOU, AS YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, MOTHERS AND FATHERS, SONS AND DAUGHTERS DISAPPEAR INTO THE NIGHT.

THEY WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE THE NOBLE, GENEROUS LORD CROFT IS RESPONSIBLE, BUT THAT IS MERE XENOPHOBIA AND NATIONALISTIC FERVOR. LORD CROFT HAS LONG PROVIDED A SAFE HOME FOR ALL, THOSE OF DWARVEN STOCK ESPECIALLY.

THE SOURCE OF YOUR TROUBLES IS NOT GOLDCROFT, IT IS NOT LORD CROFT, NOR IS IT LORD SLIPER, WHO HAS SPENT DECADES MAINTAINING THE PEACE.

YOUR PROBLEMS ARRIVED WITH LORD BIKON. YOUR HOME HAS BEEN ROTTEN EVER SINCE. RISE UP AND PROTECT YOURSELVES, AND YOUR HOMES, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

SINCERELY,

CONCERNED CITIZENS FOR A PROSPEROUS STONE KEEP
Sliper, Charter Member
praetorian
Guild: Rogues
Temple: Shadows

Re: Hearts and Minds

Post by praetorian »

Praetorian looked down at the pamphlet, then back to Finnok. He then rose from his chair and crumpled the pamphlet into a ball.

“When a noblewoman’s butler finds a cockroach in a pantry, he just stamps on it. She doesn’t even know,” he said as he tossed the bit of propaganda onto the ground.

“Like always, Sliper is desperate for attention. Croft is labeled the enemy and Sliper is barely a footnote in the history to be written. When I take my crown, I'll be sure to have him unceremoniously dumped into an unmarked grave. Anyway, Aoveron can handle the parchments. But I want the distributor of this trash brought to me."
aoveron
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Magic

Re: Hearts and Minds

Post by aoveron »

Aoveron raises an eyebrow at the patient young page.

"Is he serious? Does Sliper want Stone Keep to hate him more than they already do?" Aoveron slowly shakes his head in amazement. "We are one people, and Sliper will never change that. But tell the citizens that any of them are welcome to come talk to me about this if they have questions. I will assure them that Bikon is *not* the source of our problems."

After the page bows and leaves, Aoveron frowns. Muttering to himself, "I can already imagine Praetorian's response....I think I should give Sliper a little visit and explain in thorough detail exactly how inappropriate it is to try and incite civil war while also helping to cause the issue in the first place. A former Guildmaster is supposed to be above that sort of behavior, but I suppose he's always been Croft's loyal hound..."
--
Chancellor of Stone Keep Aoveron
Hierarch of Magic
Wizard's Guild Officer

Return to “Stone Keep”