That isn't like him...

For Stone Keep and its Citizens
Rumor Mill

That isn't like him...

Post by Rumor Mill »

A well built dwarf strolled up to a smaller group at the opening of the mine. He tossed his pick axe over his shoulder as he waiting for his turn to join in the morning banter. For years this was their ritual, they all met at the entrance to the mine, and ramble on about their daily lives. What their wives cooked the night before, the local prices of lager. Any topic was allowed.

However this day was different, for the last few days, their group had been missing one. The right hand man to the team leader was missing for the 3rd day in a row. And no one had heard from him. Just as they all prepared to enter the mine, a distressed female dwarf, dressed only in a night gown charged toward the mine on foot.

"Where is he, what aren't you telling me! Where is my beloved!" she screamed in a panic. Her eyes were bloodshot and her face completely wet with tears, as if she had been crying for days.

"He hasn't come home, so I know he must be here!" She shouted as the team leader and another attempted to restrain her, keeping her from entering the mine.

"We haven't seen him either, we thought he was ill" the boss shouted back,still attempting to restrain the wife.

The group quickly placed the wife in a back of a horse drawn miner cart and departed for Stone Keep. Surely the chancellor would want to know.

Return to “Stone Keep”