Checking In

For Stone Keep and its Citizens
Kollin Byrne
GM of Knights
Guild: Knights
Temple: Light

Checking In

Post by Kollin Byrne »

Kollin arrived at the Knight’s guild outpost in Stonekeep and led his pegasus Luthonoir to the stables. “Rest up a bit ma friend,” he said as he put his hand on his mount’s mane. “Let Kriz know ah made it okay.” He grinned as Luth snorted and seemed to nod in response.

Turning, he met the few Knights stationed at the garrison. He introduced himself to some of the new faces and caught up with Halvore the Smith and Kelvian the Stable Master before getting down to business. “So...Ahm no tha familiar with Stonekeep…can ya fill me in on whas been goin on recently,” he asked, purposely holding back what he knew.

He nodded while listening as he was brought up to speed about the storms, the events surrounding them, and the Baron’s recent return.

Kollin nodded and asked a few specifics as to the events, seeing just how much was known before wrapping up with them and heading to the office. He drafted a quick note introducing himself and informing the Baron of his arrival. He read it over a few times before nodding and returned to the courtyard.

“Can one o ya make sure this gets ta tha Baron, ah’d like ta meet with him, go over a few things.” He handed the scroll to a squire who saluted and sped off.

“Tha ones quick,” Kollin chuckled as he returned the salute to the squire who was already long gone.

“Ahm goin ta have a look around, get better acquainted with tha area. Ah’ll no be too far.”

Kollin saluted the assembled few and walked out of the gate, ready to gather any additional information he could find on his own.
aoveron
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Magic

Re: Checking In

Post by aoveron »

As the squire ran by, Aoveron called him over, "A message for the Baron? I can take care of this. You'll find him in the north tower, just let him know I'm headed over to talk to Kollin now." Nodding, the squire salutes as he runs off.

-----------------------

Waving to Kollin, Aoveron weaves his way through the marketplace. It didn't take long to come up with a plan, now that the council had made a decision. Protecting the barony was more important than petty arguments and personal feelings, after all. "Good to see you again Kollin! I'll be representing the council where it relates to the defenses of the barony. Baron Streen would like the Knights to assist and advise the Ogre Guard for the time being, while the Order of Wizardy will be handling magical matters. Last time we were attacked, magic was useless, so I think the Knights will be invaluable next time." Not wanting to leave Streen completely out of the loop he added, "Oh, and tonight we'll have dinner with him to go over any plans."

Aoveron talks quickly, gesturing with claw and tail as he suggests some ideas. Next time, he hopes, the barony will be ready. Grabbing at a passing page, he quickly pens a note outlining his conversation and dinner plans to Streen, before inviting Kollin to lunch at the Hawthorn Inn. They had a lot to talk about before dinner.

------------------------

Streen,
I've taken care of giving the Knights their orders. They'll be paired up with the Ogre Guard so they'll have a presence across the barony. We can also ask them to help coordinate the movement of equipment, arms, and supplies, once the trade routes are established again.
The the three of us should have dinner tonight to finalize our plans.
--
Chancellor of Stone Keep Aoveron
Hierarch of Magic
Wizard's Guild Officer
streen
Guild: Wizards
Temple: The Seas

Re: Checking In

Post by streen »

Pressing against the edge of the balcony, Streen’s fingers gripped the smooth, soft edges of the railing. The Fortress had been tranquil and quiet until only a few moments ago, when a stirring signaled activity at the gates. Below, he could just make out the image of a young dwarf as he knelt down to adjust the straps of his boots outside of the Fortress Walls. Streen’s familiar was crawling along the vines as he stalked after a butterfly. The monkey let out a low chittering sound alerting Streen as a figure entered the adjacent office.

Word from the Eastern Tower. The Ogres sighted a winged horse approached from the South. This has been confirmed by the observatory who had been lending use of their telescopes. It startled some of the youngers, but it seems the Knights are starting to arrive.” Jadesong’s soft voice was almost rhythmic as he relayed this series of events that had happened below.

Streen continued to watch the streets as Jadesong pressed on with his own thoughts about the matter. The squire had long since left, although there was another flurry below. The eyes of the visitor were still on him, and Streen became aware that it had been long since he he had stopped talking. A cold moment passed as he waited for a response.

Aoveron has already approached him.” Streen whispered to himself, turning from the balcony to face Jadesong. At the same time, the monkey familiar had climbed down from the vines and into the Wizard’s arms.

I’m glad that he’s taken initiative. There’s just something… odd in the air, isn’t there? Ah, of course it is. What’s normal these days?” Streen’s face had evolved from one of an otherworldly thoughtfulness to a forced smile, which deepened the crows feet around his eyes.

Another note?” Streen asked dryly, and a raised brow shattered the gaiety of his expression as quickly as it was donned. A second person, a dwarven girl, entered his office unannounced. Jadesong was as surprised as the other, and quickly retrieved the note from her trembling fingers and she disappeared without a word.

Jadesong returned to the balcony, hands moving forward to offer the paper to Streen, but when the mage clasped his hands together across his waist Jadesong took the cue. Streen watched as Jadesong froze in the doorway to the balcony again, his short fingers unfolded and smoothed out the hastily scrawled note.

Streen waited dutifully and sincerely interested as the second message was delivered to him. “
Sir Kollin, I recognize his name.. But I don’t think we’ve met. I suppose Aoveron will have meant to have him here for the evening. Jadesong, thank you for your help here today... and for your conversation.” his expression mellowed as he added the last part. He smiled warmly before turning back to the balcony again.
----------------------------------------------
Streen, Baron of Stonekeep

Return to “Stone Keep”