Before the Assembly

For Stone Keep and its Citizens
streen
Guild: Wizards
Temple: The Seas

Before the Assembly

Post by streen »

Good evening citizens,

Very recently an open forum was held in the Grand Assembly Room. All citizens of the Keep and Dwarves were invited to attend. I had originally intended upon forming the letter as a way to convey just the general points that were made during the meeting, and to bring the general topics that were discussed to a broader forum among our community. The recent attacks on our Barony have increased the necessity for urgency as we must find a way to deal with the threat of the Chaos storms.

Firstly, I must say that decades ago when the Goddess Snazzle was taken from the realms it was during the height of the Chaos Storms. The loss was devastating, but to no one more than the Seas and those within this keep. My own decline from the realms was an act of great despair and mourning as I tried to reconcile with my own feelings of the great loss. It is my greatest regret that Stonekeep may have suffered during my absence.

The return of the Chaos Storms have put our city at risk once again. At the time of this meeting, I confessed that I could not deny the call to arms and have pledged to do everything within my power to defend this realm, and preserve our home. My taking command at the onset of this crisis has raised a few brows, but should any citizen or persons with vested interest in the realm have questions or concerns I invite you to bring them to me.

Lord Praetorian was a voice of reason during this conference. His insights about the Chaos Storms showed true clarity as he outlined the steps we need to take in order to prepare for a prospective attack. He addressed our lack of evacuation procedures and cited our poor defenses against the storms in the past. We agreed that unlike invasions that we defended ourselves from in the past, the storms have no apparent entry point and can sweep through our streets like a plague. Together, we began to shape a plan of action.

Lord Aoveron had magical defenses in place while he was a Baron, although there has been some talk about their potential effectiveness against the Chaos Storms. He will be securing our magical defenses and working to uncover any holes. We were taken by surprise during this most recent assault, but there we learned from the experience. We hope to share that knowledge with you shortly.

Lady Jasra acted as a representative for the Order of Wizardry. The household has staffed the clinic for hundreds of years, and so it was a natural fit that she take to it now. She will be addressing issues that we have in preparedness, particularly in the event of a sudden intake for the Clinic. In light of the recent attack, the urgency for this has only increased. Our own citizen, Tybras has joined her in this task.

Pledging to assist us with isolating potential safe zones, Praetorian outlined a plan to help us move citizens more easily in the event of an attack. Mobilizing citizens toward protected areas will reduce casualties and allow us to concentrate our defensive efforts as the city is under siege.

The Dwarven baronies united under the Axeblade banner for hundreds of years. We were so efficient among our own that we stopped looking outward. I feel that in light of the current climate, it is prudent that we broaden our efforts and expand our markets and make contact to other baronies, cities and holdings. Difficult days are on the horizon and it is important that the realms know that we are here, we are sovereign and when they come again, we will be ready.
Streen, Baron of Stonekeep
Day 5 of Hallow Month of the year 489

Return to “Stone Keep”