The help of Lunra

Seraphic Land
radiance
Guild: Monks
Temple: Hopes and Dreams

The help of Lunra

Post by radiance »

Radiance had been back to her home a few times since returning to the realm of Terris, but had yet to find her friends from before. They surely must be in hiding now, for Sprites were long lived, and Seraphs were Sprites. Even though she had been gone for 200 years, surely she would be able to find them again.

Her main focus now was the Silver Dragons. Nubilus, the head dragon, Caelum, Divum, and Nox, also known as Kaciphya, were her especial friends. She needed their help now.

Khopesh had asked her to bring the siege weapons, the ones she had built for her campaign to free the Lunrans. They were now free and did not need the weapons, but they were still upon the bridge that had been built. But Norland needed the weapons now. A war threatened, one which may destroy all that was dear to her and others. She must do what she could. But she could not move the weapons without help.

Radiance went to the caverns where the Silver Dragons had once stayed. She bent her head sadly and then called with all her might, "KACIPHYA!" The dragon used to respond to her thoughts, her feelings, she used to know her, all her secrets and dark times, good times, all of it. She hoped the dragon would respond now.

A rumbling could be heard deep in the cavern. A loud yawn. In her mind, a thought, "Radiance? Is that you?"

Radiance went to her knees, an inescapable sob coming from within her. "Kaciphya! My dear friend, how I have longed to see you again."

The dragon was suddenly there, nuzzling Radiance with her large, wedged head. Radiance wrapped her arms around the muzzle and rubbed her cheek against the scales.

"Kaciphya, I am so glad to see you," she murmured, "and though I want our reunion to last, I'm afraid I have to ask a favor of you and your kin."

Radiance detailed what she needed, and Kaciphya agreed to it. She would help Norland. For if Norland were in danger, so were the Sprites of Lunra.

Now Radiance would need to approach the Seraphs for their permission.

She went up to the main city, then to the Innkeeper. She asked him bluntly, "Where is Mitchanel? Where are Zamphir and Drasia?"

The Innkeeper looked up and smiled, "You should have asked me before instead of skulking around. All your friends are on the Island now, but I can send for them."

Radiance smiled, beamed in fact. Soon, all her friends gathered around and she told them of the danger Norland was in, and how Norland had helped them before, and would need their help now. They agreed to it, expressing some misgivings, but in the end they said they would send the weapons. They hoped that they would not need them later, but they were never practical for Lunra anyway and had never been used. The dragons would help take the weapons down, and the Seraphs would support it, though they said directly to Radiance that they would not send Soldiers, as there was a real danger to the Island itself and they would be needed there. Radiance would be on her own, as a representative of Lunra.

Radiance returned to Khopesh to tell him what she had put into motion.
radiance
Guild: Monks
Temple: Hopes and Dreams

Re: The help of Lunra

Post by radiance »

Radiance entered the docks, where Vespers and Khopesh were sitting, Vespers playing a lute and humming for the big man. Looking up, Vesper's smiled in greeting, and Khopesh made a signal for Radiance to stay quiet. Radiance stepped to the side and listened to the song.

When she was done singing, Vespers turned to Radiance to ask how she was, and the Seraph said she was fine, and they made a bit of chit-chat. Ripshaw showed up, and they chatted some more, about the war in general. It was all pretty mundane and a bit boring, until suddenly on the horizon, several large dragons can be seen flying in to the Tranos docks from the city of Lunra!

"Ah, the Seraphs and the dragons have finally finished taking apart the siege weapons to bring them to the docks," Radiance thought, awed by the sight of the silver dragons flying in the sunlight, their scales glinting in the light. Out loud, Radiance says "Yay, here come the dragons with our supplies," adding, "We'll have to work hard to get the siege weapons rebuilt after the dragons drop them off."

Upon landing, they begin to unload their supplies; siege weapons, unused by the citizens of Lunra. The Warrior Recruits bravely ran to help the dragons unload the weapons.

Kaciphya's large snout moves to give Radiance a gentle nuzzle upon completing her unloading. Radiance beamed at the dragon. Radiance says "Very good Kaciphya, you have helped us a great deal." The large dragon gives a nod before taking off once more, the rest following after.

Vespers had continued watching the ships for any danger. She noticed a gesture one of the Khatarans made, and asked Khopesh what it meant. Khopesh gave a chuckle and said that the Khatarans were not used to seeing dragons.

Radiance soon went out to help direct the Warrior Recruits on how to rebuild the siege weapons for their use. All in all, a satisfying end to the adventure. Soon, they would be put to the test, and Radiance prayed to the gods that they would be ready.

Radiance

Return to “Lunra”