Lords of Hellegost

Dwarven Land
streen
Guild: Wizards
Temple: The Seas

Lords of Hellegost

Post by streen »

Lords of Hellegost,
This letter may precede news of my return to Stonekeep, and having retained my position in the realm after an absence. It is evident that whiskey and war have treated you all well, as the government seems largely unchanged since I was last in correspondence with the kingdom.

It quickly became evident upon my return how stable and quiet our realms have been. For over a hundred years now the Baronies of our people have looked inward while even the most celebrated adventurers of our realms strayed from the political realms and offices that they once sought. In the meantime word has come time and again of tremendous battles we have abstained from. It is no coincidence that the human villages are the ones that are most often entangled in these events.

Devardec, Goldcroft and even Tranos push to expand as they war with the other races for territories and holdings. Blessed with longevity we see the way the younger races struggle and seize against a world they don’t understand. Names come and go within the blink of an eye, but we endure, perhaps the only lesson that we learned since relocating after the loss of Bellegost. It is with this line of thought in mind that I suspect that even with the presence of the Chaos Storms, the Lords may not see this as your burden to bear. We dig deeper into our territories, creating barrier that separates us even more from the other races.

Stonekeep independent from the Dwarven Kingdoms, our approaches toward how we interact with other races have always differed from yours. Like Windell, we have chosen to dwell on the surface and have lived in harmony with mortals of all races. We see the chaos storms and know that we must act, and we must defend our realm. I write to the Lords of Hellegost today, because I feel that we must be united in our cause and seek unity for our peoples.

One large change that I did quickly note that happened during my absence was the expanse of Axeblade enterprises which rose to incredible heights in both wealth and power. The children of Lord Froggor still retain positions of power throughout Stonekeep, and our tied economies have created an interdependence beyond any our realms have experienced before. The acts that we take will effect you one way or another.

It must be made known that regardless of Hellegost’s own position in this struggle, Stonekeep will be reaching out to other realms, pursuing trade with any who seek to enter negotiations save Goldcroft and their holdings. As we move forward, it is critical that our relations with Hellegost remains as strong as ever.
May peace be your greatest treasure,
Streen, Baron of Stonekeep

Return to “Hellegost”