Beginnings

Tribute City of Twilight
Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing
Guild: Druids
Temple: Healing

Beginnings

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

Alyce opened her journal to an empty page within the leather bound book. She reached for a quill and inkwell. She dabbed the quill into the inkwell and wiped the excess ink from the quill upon the lip of the inkwell. She stared at the page a moment, drawing a blank. She didn’t know where to begin or what to say. It had been some time since she had been truly active within certain aspects of every day life for her. However, it was now time to get to work. She started writing, almost independent of her thought process.

Mother, it has been some time since I have seen your face. I dream of you occasionally, sitting on the roof to the inn. It feels like my body is floating above you, like I am flying, but without spell. You have a pad of paper and a pencil and I see you drawing, but I don’t know what it is you are drawing. The page is very blurry from where I am. You whisper something that sounds like, “Tomorrow is a new beginning.”. You put the pad down, and return to your room in the inn. I remain hovering above, only now the page slowly becomes more clear. It is me, standing on a beach, knee deep in sand reaching out for something.or someone.

I don’t know what to think of these dreams, but I do know that I am missing you more and more as the days pass. Today I spent some time wandering around the Village, trying to see things through your cunning eyes. I shared food with some of the slaves in the quarry. I got to know one dwarf named Haga. He is a small giant. We talked about his place in the quarry, what he saw and what he could tell me about the other slaves. He was brutally honest, which I respected him for. With a kind hand I reached out for his and I put mine on top. I asked him, for some extra privileges, if he could update me weekly upon the happenings in the quarry. He agreed, so long as I was able to move his daughter out of the mines and into something more suitable for a woman. I agreed, perhaps something will come along. Something where she can learn a new skill, but until then I have allowed her to shadow me as a companion. We talk often about her brothers, her mother, and father and her home that had been burned down.It forced them to move to Goldcroft where they were enslaved. Then they were purchased by us.

Perhaps with these two I can keep a close eye on what is happening in the quarry, and beyond. I already have Leslie the bar maiden running the Ebb and Tide in Devardec, Yaltos, and that muttering Ogre in the Shadow Cross. I have connected them via cutouts, where they will place various information reports on the happenings within all of the ports. This can’t always be relied upon, so I will need to sift through what is given to me on a weekly basis. I wish you were here mother, so you could guide me on what to do next. Until I hear from you, I will continue to gather information and start a dossier catalogue in my hidden study. When you return we can go over the information. If I see anything that needs immediate attention, I will go to the council of High Leaders.

One more thing, I have been finding it harder and harder to resist the urge to pursue my abilities in shape changing. Perhaps this will come in handy with the village. Something I can use to my advantage. The less the people know the better, right? I can sneak around in my forms and watch carefully what is going on. I am going to formally request that the Occisor troops withdraw from the village, however I would like to see them leave behind several higher ranked soldiers to oversee the guard force in Dominium. I will have to reach out to lady Satyana soon, for I will need her guidance in some aspects of the infrastructure and what we can do to potentially expand in the future.

Until then, we will continue to keep producing Dominium Ale and exporting it to Tranos, and now Devardec. When I can find some time, I think I may have to work my way north some and haggle with the smaller towns and villagers. One thing at a time first.

She closed the book, returned the quill to the inkwell. She reached into her drawer retrieving her seal maker and a new parchment. She began to write her letters, first to house Umbra, and the second to Occisor requesting their leaders visit Dominium and will be extended all the hospitality afforded to them by their ranks. She sealed both parchments, and put them on her desk in the outbound letter box. A currier will come by later and deliver the messages. Alyce returned the quill to the inkwell and blew out the candle on her desk. She walked into her bed chambers which she still wasn’t familiar with, but she would have to get used to it. She pulled the covers over her head and was soon fast asleep. She needed her rest for what was about to come.
Naria's Grace, Alyce Kiltspar, Heroine of Healing
Warden of House & Village Dominium
Proprietor of:
Granite Inn, Shadow's Cross Tavern & Inn and Ebb and Tide Tavern

Return to “Dominium”