The Dying Bush

The Dark City
Ravon
GM of Warlocks
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Magic

The Dying Bush

Post by Ravon »

It had been roughly a year that Ravon had been working on this plague for Satyana. Months of research, testing, failing, more testing, more failing, it was starting to annoy her. She looked at the mess she had made in the lab and then at what date it was. She stood after what seemed like days at work, she needed to get out of the lab if even for a few hours just to clear her head. She hovered down the street to the center of Twilight and looked around. She wasn't hungry or thirsty, one of the good benefits of being a lich but she needed something and couldn't fathom what it was. She continued her venture throughout the city towards Wealth's Way. She had been down this street more than she could remember, the old man still slept against the same wall. Twilight was always her home, she enjoyed seeing the buildings as they were and the citizens whose deeds she knew weren't so pleasant. At the crossroads of Wealth and Avarice she headed up towards the the cliffside where the park was, it had been a while since she was there and she did find the park to be beautiful. She made her way to the park and rested at the gazebo. She leaned her head back and looked up, a black and brown spider were fighting over a moth that was trapped in one's web. The black spider was victorious by attacking the brown one with its fangs causing the brown spider to fall off, Ravon held out her hand and caught the little guy. The spider was dazed and injured, but with a wave of her hand the spider's body mended itself.

"
There you go, all better." she said to the spider, its big black eyes looking up at her as if saying "you don't want to squish me?"

"
Let's catch you some dinner." she looked around and found straight ahead a butterfly fluttering around the black roses.

Ravon casted a spell and the butterfly froze in place falling onto a flowering rose. She placed the spider on the paint chipped banister and motioned her right index finger to the center of her left palm, the butterfly and the rose shot from across the path and raced to her grasp. The spider still unsure of what was happening had started to make his way back to his web when Ravon used her free hand to a web spell underneath the chipped railing. Ravon removed the butterfly from the rose and placed it into the web, the web jiggled slightly when she did so. Ravon looked back for the brown spider who was just halfway to his web and she dropped the rose on to the seat next to her. She stood and scooped up the spider with both hands and placed him in his home she had made for him with his fresh meal. The spider was shocked, but his hunger was stronger as he began to cocoon his meal in his web. She watched the spider spin his web over the butterfly, going from one end to the other until it was just a small white blob and in an instant he dug his fangs into it. She thought to herself "
What is normal for the spider, is chaos for the butterfly." and gave a wicked grin.

She stretched her back and felt it crack a few times before resuming her resting position. She had watched the spider finish his meal when the rose that came with the butterfly caught her eye. She picked it up and twirled the flower between her fingers, the bloomed rose spinning left then right when she did so. Her eyes widened as she gazed at the flower as if a thought had just occurred. She quickly stood and left the full spiders and headed towards the rose bush. She picked a few roses.

"
Of course it would have to be created with something botanical, how could that have slipped my mind?" she grumbled to herself, and with a thought black flames erupted around her and she was gone, leaving only a cloud of black smoke and ash in her wake.
Ravon
GM of Warlocks

The Dying Subject

Post by Ravon »

Ravon finished a test run after a few days. Her helpers and herself worked tirelessly to finish it as quickly as possible. The cauldron was bubbling, the dark green brew swirling with pearlized sheen. With a free hand Ravon magiced a vial to dip itself in to the liquid and come out, the vial holding the ever swirling green liquid. She wiped off the vial with a towel and in to a box which closed. She grabbed the box and thanked the people who helped.

"
I'm going to test our creation on the subject." they nodded while cleaning up the lab as she left.

She walked out of the building and down the street to where her subject was being kept on a cart with a few guards around. Pulling from the box the vial she poured the contents on to the subject, watching it slide down its body. It didn't take long before the healthy body began to grey and wither, it's limbs shriveling as it quickly died. Finally after long research her herbacide was complete, she knew not another that could kill plants so quickly. Though it took quite a while she viewed this as a personal acomplishment that it could be completed, and by her.

"
Finally a success. Get word to Lady Satyana that her needs have been met, the current batch should be enough for what she needs." She looked at one of the guards and he nodded and left.

The other guards were instructed to burn the tree immediately so it wouldn't spread. She turned and stared at the subject, it's body completely falling apart and a crooked smile crossed her lips as she watched it crumble in to the cart. She left to go back to the lab to put the plague in something a bit better than a giant pot.
Ravon
GM of Warlocks

Order Filled

Post by Ravon »

The last bit of liquid was being poured into the final vial, dozens of wooden boxes lay scattered across the lab each full with hundreds of vials of the green swirling liquid. The other helpers continued cleaning up while she finished packing the boxes and sealing them up with a bit of magic. When the final box was sealed she moved them all out of the room to a storage room for safe keeping, even enchanting the lock so it couldn't be picked. She sat down at a chair and pulled some parchment off the shelf, she reached within the folds of her robes and pulled out a quill and began to write.

To my Queen

What you have asked for is complete. The liquid reacts rather quickly with its intended target. Do not get any on your body or clothes as I haven't tested that aspect of it. They are in vials in a sealed storage room. Attached to the note is a key, that will open the door for you.

This was quite exhilarating, I haven't really used my brewing talents for quite some time. Thank you for getting me back into it.

Simply,

~R

She rolled the note and tied it, looping the key around the knot to secure it to the paper. She called Deimos over, the raven flew to shoulder and she handed him the scroll.

"
Find Satyana and give her this. She would probably be by her guild at this time." she nodded and her raven flew off with his task.
vampirss
Guild: Barbarians
Temple: Dread

Re: The Dying Bush

Post by vampirss »

The sounds of a raven at the guild doors caught her attention as she was looking at different things within the guild. She went to see what the issue was, as the guard was trying to keep it from getting inside. Chuckling, she welcomed the bird to fly to her arm as Deimos landed gently there. She took the scroll and key that was attached and read it. Smiling, she went to her office with the raven on her arm, nodding to the guards that it was alright. Sitting down, the key safely put away, she read the scroll. She folded the scroll and took out a clean sheet and picked up the blood dipped quill to scribe.

Lady Ravon,

Your missive has been received and the message within heard loud and clear. I will be extremely careful with this when the time comes. The ones using it, however, will be sacrifices for the cause, most likely.

I owe you for your assistance, and look forward to getting you back into your brewing once again.

Till I see you again, be well.

She signed her name in the usual scrawl and gave the scroll to Deimos. "Get this to Ravon. I will see you both again soon."

With that, Deimos flew from the Barbarians Guild and back to where Ravon was.
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
High Lady of Twilight, House Umbra
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress

Return to “Twilight”