Arrival of Lord Laraunt

The Dark City
vampirss
Guild: Barbarians
Temple: Dread

Arrival of Lord Laraunt

Post by vampirss »

The walk back to the house couldn’t go fast enough for Hillston. Lord Laraunt was a very kind man that had a very leisurely walk. He was taking in every bit of the surroundings while telling his story about the trip. The information was interesting and the trip sounded terrible, and for that he felt badly for the man. He honestly didn’t want to hear it right now, knowing that he would be around when he told it again to the Lady Satyana.

The guards outside saw that Hillston was coming with a man that really didn’t look much like a Lord but could only assume that it was the man he was waiting for. One of the guards went inside to let the Lady know they were coming.

It wasn’t too much longer and they were at the door. Hillston asked where they lady may be. “She is in the office waiting for you. We have let her know you were on the way when we saw you.

He nodded his head, “Thank you. We will go right there.” The doors were opened for them to go in.

Hillston stopped outside the door where Leland stood, as usual. “I was told she was expecting us. I bring Lord Laraunt for her.

Leland nodded, “She’s waiting for you.” With that, he opened the door and introduced them properly to the Lady.

Both men stepped in to see Satyana coming around the desk to great her guest. She stopped a bit short when she saw him. Her eyes went to Hillston and he just nodded his head as if he understood what that look was for. With that nod, she put her hand out, “Lord Laraunt. So very nice to finally meet you.

Laraunt shook her hand and smiled, “Yes, it has been a bit of an adventure to get here.

She thought of offering him a seat but instead thought differently of it. “How would you like the opportunity to get cleaned up, get some rest? We can meet up later on for some dinner and discussion? If you’d like, you can check on your men instead of some rest? I leave it all up to you. I’ll have men ready to make sure you have what you need.

He looked around and considered what she was offering, a smile crossing his face. “Thank you for the offer. I understand I must smell atrocious and look about as bad right now. I will tell you the story behind that later. I would like the chance to get cleaned up, though my things are not here right now. I’ll need to check on the men as well. That would be great.

Understanding what he meant, she nodded in agreement. “I can get you a tub for a relaxing soak while waiting for your personal items to be delivered here. They shouldn’t be too much further behind you. Things should have been unloading as you left the docks.” Hillston nodded as she spoke letting her know that was the case. “Once you are cleaned up and ready, we can have someone take you back to the docks to check on the men.

Hillston spoke up then. “Rolf and Jensin are there with the men making sure everything is taken care of. The master of the warehouse the men are staying at, with the cargo, offered his own men to assist in the move of everything where it needed to go so things moved along quicker.

Thank you Hillston. This way I will know who the person taking the Lord down to the docks will need to look for.” She turned to Leland, “Would you take Lord Laraunt to the room we have prepared for him and ask for a tub with hot water brought up for a bath? Get him anything else he would like.

Yes, ma’am. Lord Laraunt, if you would come with me.” Leland led the Lord out the door and closed it behind him as they were heading to his room.

Satyana looked at Hillston after they left, waiting a few moments to make sure they were down the hall a good bit before she spoke. “Why would a Lord look like he was rolling around in the mud?

A slight chuckle came from Hillston before he answered, “The man had a horrible trip here. He did what he had to do to make it. I commend him for putting forth the effort. Most nobility would not do what he did. I respect him for that. Yes, he’s a bit hard to look at and take seriously right now, but a lot of respect. I’m sure you will hear all about it at dinner.

She raised her brow then nodded, agreeing with his statement about hearing the tale at dinner. “Finish up anything that needs to be tended to at the docks, then get some rest. I’ll expect you at dinner tonight. Have your men take some time off before getting back to their normal schedules. Thank you for all the effort you put into this task.

Hillston headed to the door and opened it, stopping in the doorway to respond, “My pleasure to serve you, as always, m’lady.
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
High Lady of Twilight, House Umbra
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress
vampirss

Re: Arrival of Lord Laraunt

Post by vampirss »

Several pails of hot water were brought up to Lord Laraunt, along with a new bar of soap, clean towels and a snack while waiting for his bath to be ready. The toil of the trip started to seep into his body as he relaxed in the comfy chair while eating some fruit. The more relaxed he got, the more his body started to ache, feeling the hard work he’s been through the last few weeks.

Being the good man he is, his mind went to thinking about the men he shared that hard work with. The man working with him now told him his bath was ready whenever he was and offered to help him. He’d gotten used to doing things for himself and sent the man on his way.

After putting the drink he was sipping on down, he got undressed leaving the heavily dirty clothes lying on the floor. Carefully he stepped into the steaming hot bath and let out a sigh of relief. His mind going back to his men, he decided that later on, once he was settled and they had a chance to do the same, he would get a huge dinner put together for them. They worked extremely hard, it was the least he could do. Someone here should be able to help him with that. Right now, it was time to just….relax.

Time passed by too quickly and the chill of the water pulled him from his rest. Before the chill could set in too much and give him a cold, he quickly washed himself thoroughly and got out. Thoughts were going through his mind, mostly about his men. Other things were far from his mind at this immediate moment.

His clothes had been brought upstairs while he was resting in the tub. He barely remembered telling the man to come in with his bags. Slowly he went through one of the bags and found something simple to wear - cotton pants and shirt in a matching blue color - that would be formal enough if needed but comfortable as well. He finished the ensemble with a new pair of boots. They were a bit fancy for his simple clothes but his other boots needed some serious repairs and cleaning. He would ask Satyana if she had a man that could tend to them.

Satisfied with his appearance now, he opened the door to find a man standing there waiting for him. A smile crossed Laraunt’s face as he looked at the man. “I suppose you have been designated to assist me?

The man nodded his head, “Yes sir. That would be me. My name is Fexix. Is there anything I can help you with? A tour of the house? Of the city? Go with you for a simple walk? Take you to the lady of the house? You just let me know.

Laraunt didn’t waste any time on his request. “I’d like to see my men, where they are being kept. I was told the cargo was being taken there as well. I would like to make sure everything is well, considering our journey. I’d also like to set up a feast for them. Something spectacular, feast for a king some might say. They have worked extremely hard and I couldn’t be more grateful I’d also like to have meals made available to them at least once a day, twice would be better though. Those meals can be simple, yet good meals. I know they will have a good amount of time off the ship and not everyone will be utilized in the repairs needed. In fact, if you have any here that can take care of those, I’ll offer the men a chance to get away for a month or two while the repairs are being done. This will give them time to really relax, rejuvenate and have some fun as well. What do you think? Can you take care of these things?
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress
vampirss

Post by vampirss »

He took Laraunt’s questions and requests into consideration. “I think this will be able to be done without too much trouble. I’ll speak to a couple people and then take you down to where the men are located at. If you’d like, you can speak to the lady and go over a few things beforehand.

Laraunt considered this and shook his head, “No, I’d rather not just yet. I’m still not myself completely. I’d much rather take care of these things first.

With a slight nod of his head, Felix responded to Laraunt. “That’s fine. I’ll be right back. Please make yourself comfortable until then.” He left Laraunt in his room while he went to tend to the requests.

It didn’t take him too long to speak with Lady Satyana regarding the gentleman’s requests. She told him to get with the kitchen staff and let them know what is needed. If they had questions, she would be happy to take care of those for them. She wanted a full spread taken to these men. Without hearing the full story, she could only imagine what took place on that ship that he would want to reward these men in such a fashion. If this is what he wanted, she would make sure that it took place.

Felix spoke to the kitchen staff, informed them of what the lady wanted to take place. He knew this was going to stress them a bit considering they were already making a spread for the lady and her guest for tonight. The head chef was not very happy about it, but instantly turned it into a challenge for himself and his staff. “It will be done!

Satisfied that the requests were taken care of for that part, the man went back up to Laraunt’s room and knocked. He heard a response and opened the door. “Hello sir. I have returned to take you to your men. Also, to let you know that the dinner will be brought to them tonight. I do not know how the staff will get it done, but they assured me it would be done.

Laraunt was shocked. “I didn’t expect the meal tonight. Honestly, I think the men will sleep through the day and night tonight once their work is completed. Tomorrow will be quite satisfactory. If you don’t mind, lets stop by the kitchen and let the staff know so they do not need to worry about that now. It will give them time to properly prepare. If they received the meal in the early afternoon, they will most likely eat off of it for the rest of the day.

Let’s do that then and head off to the docks.” Together the two of them went down to the kitchen to let the staff know what the guest requested. The chef was very appreciative and even said he’d make it extra special with the additional time given to get it completed. That made both the chef and Laraunt happy. With that task completed. The two men went off to the docks.
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress
vampirss

Post by vampirss »

Lord Laraunt decided, once again, he would like to walk the way to the docks. He didn’t really pay attention to his surroundings because he was talking the entire way about his trip to Twilight. Felix left things in silence as they walked, only speaking when the lord asked a question or commented. It was usually best to let the nobility lead the direction of discussions.

He didn’t have much to say until they reached the center of the city. The monuments to those that meant something to the city made him ask questions. He wanted to know more about the people and what their meaning was. Felix gave him some information on each one as they went by, quenching the lord’s thirst for knowledge.

They continued their walk, going past a bar and pawn shop, houses of every type and class that varies within the city. He was fascinated by the dealings going on, seemingly in the shadows but could be seen if a person knew what they were looking for. This lord was not stupid to the work of smugglers and outlaws. This intrigued the man he walked with, but he didn’t let on about this. It would be something he shared with his lady later on.

Not long after that, they came to the docks. This was a place that Laraunt knew well enough. He slightly cringed as he saw his ship. It was in a bit of disrepair, but considering what they had gone through, not the worse for wear overall. The ship had been moved from where it was when they arrived. Stopping to inquire, he found his captain had asked to have it repaired by a small shop that was here on the docks. The men and women that had been slaves previously but had been found most adept in ship repairs of all sorts. For this reason, Satyana had deemed them worthy of manning a shop, owned by the city - of course - , while making some coin. That was another of her projects.

They entered the warehouse to find all the items from the ship carefully placed on the floor, all of it well cared for. The captain and his first mate were still in the process of inventorying everything so they would know what they used with the extra days at sea. Seeing only the two, Laraunt asked to see their quarters before he spoke to them. With a nod, Felix led him upstairs where there was an enormous bay of bunks and footlockers where the men all slept. He knew they would be tired, as he was, but to see them all sleeping did make him feel better.

Satisfied with what he saw, the two men turned around and went back downstairs to see the captain and his first mate. The guide stepped back and let the three of them talk without interference. Instead, he spoke with the owner of the facility to ensure that all was taken care of here. He informed the man that the Lady Satyana had a meal coming for these men tomorrow and asked for his assistance in making sure the event went off without any hitch. He said there was plenty of floor space yet downstairs here to place tables for the food and others for the men to sit on. He could very easily accommodate this event.

Laraunt came to the men, thanking the owner for the accommodations being provided to his sailors. He wished to thank the owner properly at some point. The three men had a long discussion before Laraunt nodded to his captain and first mate then leaving with his guide. He was satisfied with what he saw. He attempted to hide a yawn behind his hand. Felix saw this and started walking with Laraunt towards the house once again. “Maybe you would like to get some rest before your evening with the Lady?

As they walked in silence a bit, Laraunt finally responded, “Yes I believe you would be correct. I could use some rest.

They continued in silence until they got to the house and reached his quarters. Felix opened the door for him and waited briefly before asking, “Would you like any further assistance?” Laraunt shook his head no as he sat down. Felix saw this and responded further, “Very well, sir. I shall be back to get you when it is time for dinner. Rest well.” Felix walked out and closed the door, leaving Laraunt to get some rest.
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress

Return to “Twilight”