Patterns and Understanding

For the Kingdom of Twilight and its tribute cities.
Ruler: Shadow Lord Silk, of Dread and Fate
Vespers

Patterns and Understanding

Post by Vespers »

“Lady.”

An imp, the same one who had stayed with her since their first appearance at her side, broke through her haze of concentration. Vespers looked up and rubbed her eyes, uncurling herself from around the ledger she'd been going through. “Hmm?”

“Lady Vespers” they all insisted on calling her that “In my time watching your people I have noticed that they tend to use chairs in the same way, and yet you use them as a footrest, and sit on the desk instead. Does this help your concentration?”

She felt herself smile, looking at her desktop perch amid the piles of reports, ledgers, and lists. “Call it a personal oddity if you need to think on it at all, and um.... warn me if someone official is about to wander in here and see me at it. Might be a bit rough on the reputation.”

The shadow imp looked puzzled. “Until Lord Silk returns, who could be official enough to comment on where you choose to sit?”

The look Vespers gave him.... it?... was more than a little wry. “Well you managed it neatly enough.”

The imp simply nodded and silence settled around her again. Vespers found herself drawn back into what many would consider tedious, the columns and lines and tiny notes that made up a day in the Kingdom. Along with her notes on the reports made in person, the writings here told a thousand tiny stories that all wove together somehow. “What are you looking for, Lady?” The imp had seemed baffled for days as it watched her pour over the tiniest bit of information.

With a smile she took her eyes from the reports and fixed them on the imp. “Patterns, and understanding. Bring me the rest, yea?”

Return to “Realm of Twilight”