Aviditas: Success of the Minotaur Accord

For the Kingdom of Twilight and its tribute cities.
Ruler: Shadow Lord Silk, of Dread and Fate
venis
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Dread

Aviditas: Success of the Minotaur Accord

Post by venis »

Day 976: Mid-Afternoon, Plantation of Aviditas - Aviditas Library

Today I am splendid as ever, for I am given word our trade vessel has returned to the docks of the capital, unscathed and bearing a host of imported combat paraphernalia. Success in all things doesn't mean we can't be a bit anxious about the means or circumstances—especially as that statement applies to an outdated treaty with minotaurs.

A list of the spoils, for the ledger:
  • Fifteen (15) reinforced iron blades, multi-purpose and unhilted;
  • Thirty five (35) thrice-beaten chainlink hauberks, crude craftsmanship by the look, but lightweight, durable and resilient;
  • Four (4) crude morning stars, forged from alloys of the local habitat north of ours;
  • Ten (10) beaten heavy steel war-axes, expertly crafted; and,
  • Rather importantly, continued peace of mind for our realm that the minotaurs will keep off our shores.

Those of Occisor who traveled with the vessel have been requested to apportion one-third of the spoils for Coliseum training and events, with the remaining two-thirds apportioned on an as-needed basis for training or regular affairs conducted by the Twilight military. Really that's more a wise recommendation than anything, as they can sort that out among themselves.

As this trip appears to have been uneventful, I see no reason to vary our efforts when it comes to the handling of this treaty moving forward. Accordingly, Master D`wyth will prepare the acreage for the next batch of Herrin herb once the climate is right for it. And, of course, this evening I'll hold audience with my diplomat regarding any peculiar things that may have happened during his journey.

All that's left to do is send word to the capital conveying our gratitude to Umbra for their assistance in this endeavor. I'm sure Mireilla has already come up with something anyway that's perfectly cordial for the occasion.

Return to “Realm of Twilight”