Foreign Customs

For the Kingdom of Twilight and its tribute cities.
Ruler: Shadow Lord Silk, of Dread and Fate
mireilla

Foreign Customs

Post by mireilla »

Noise. All around. Sea birds, sailors, guards. Fat man with an eye patch. Nice.

Is that a theatre troupe? And at the same time… Oh, the gallows. Yes. As you do. That is to say… We were rather economical in Witchfalls to repurpose the gallows as a stage. Perhaps our worlds aren't too far apart after all.

Why did I insist on bringing so many things? I feel like I've become paranoid in my old age. Ook… Is my age showing?

So… which way was it again?

Mireilla arrived upon the Docks of Twilight as she had many times before. However, this time it was different; this time she was here to stay. It was clear that she was not making a short visit by the entourage of servants she had in tow as well as the trunks which followed behind her. This time there were… Customs?

She gave instructions to her staff to head to The Plantation after they gained access through the port and then she made off on her own. She was still unsure what type of presence she wished to have and also how many eyes she wanted upon her and her belongings. Probably better to leave those things a mystery for a while. Plus, she wanted a moment to take in the city as a citizen.

Her things would arrive well before her person, and that was fine with her. She was certain that Venis would have already made the appropriate preparations for her belongings as well as her lodgings within Aviditas.

The idea of the provincial life was not immediately appealing. Though, she was certain that opportunity lurked around every corner of this realm.
mireilla

Domestic Imports

Post by mireilla »

The autumn had been full of change. This was natural. This was the cycle of things. To make way for new growth, something must first die; this was the part that especially concerned Mireilla.

She'd been asked to sacrifice the familiar, to leave her home and to come away -- to something greater.

Though, when the leaves fall … the tree does not mourn them. The spring will bring budding branches. This is a covenant that has been kept throughout time.

You've only need to make it through the winter. Make it through the harsh transition. Wrap yourself in the radiating warmth of the sun's promise.

---

Approaching the House of Aviditas was a thrill. Making their way through the streets together was a familiar pleasure, a pleasure she would only feel and appreciate once she allowed herself to follow his lead. And so she did, and so he did.

He'd been leading her all the way from the Fire Ook Inn in Witchfalls to the intersection of Wealth's Way and Avarice Avenue in The City of Twilight. Though, most recently… most, literally, from the end of the harvest season at the Aviditas Plantation.

The slick black stone façade of the Morinthian Mansion was unmistakable. It made a striking contrast against the overhanging cliffs and other estates which comprised this portion of The City.

Mireilla's chest swelled. She held her breath.

Venis moved ahead, and with a nod to the guards, he opened the doors to her new future.

Return to “Realm of Twilight”