A Summons Made

For the Kingdom of Twilight and its tribute cities.
Ruler: Shadow Lord Silk, of Dread and Fate
Silk

A Summons Made

Post by Silk »

Silk looks across the Kingdom of Twilight and watches as the people move about their daily lives. Turning his view to the docks and beyond he begins to have a thought and summons one of his Shadow Imps. "Go get me Satyana. It is time that the Dread Barbarian and I had a talk about her ancient house." As the imp begins to fade into the shadows Silk adds, "and don't harm her in any fashion!"

The imp vanishes as Silk continues to look out across the ocean.
vampirss
Guild: Barbarians
Temple: Dread

Re: A Summons Mage

Post by vampirss »

Leaning back amongst the cushions with her eyes closed, enjoying the feel of the fire touching her skin, the sound of the ocean crashing outside and the dripping of blood around the walls. One of her favorite places in the lands since she lost her house in Black Shore. Her relaxation was interrupted by commotion outside that didn't seem normal. She sat up and went to the main temple floor, meeting with a guardian trying to stop an imp from gaining further entry. Recognizing the imp, she stopped the guardian. Without a word, her hand was grabbed and pulled. It was time to go. There was only one person she knew that used imps of this sort. She was being summoned. Swiftly the two made the trip and the imp took her to where Lord Silk was looking over the ocean from a window. She stood behind the chair in the room as the imp vanished into shadows with the wave of his hand. "Sit. We need to talk," all he said before moving towards his desk. She sat in the chair before the desk and waited, wondering what she was being summoned for.
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
High Lady of Twilight, House Umbra
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress
vampirss

Re: A Summons Mage

Post by vampirss »

The meeting with Lord Silk lasted a little over two hours. There was a lot discussed. Her notes, mental and on parchment were numerous. It was time to get things going. There was a lot of work to be done. She had to find out where everyone was.

While things were being completed on the architecture and building of the Chateau, she would use her old office. Surely her desk was still there and ready for use. Upon arriving at the front door of Umbra the shadow guards showed themselves and opened the door. “Welcome home, Lady Satyana.” With each step she took entering the house, the candles lit just before her leading to her office. Shadows came to life, the help seeming to know when she came nearby. “Welcome home” was echoed from each one that appeared, receiving a slight nod from her as she passed. Nearing the office door that was closed, a shadow guard appeared and opened the door. “Welcome home, Lady Satyana. Your inkwell is filled with fresh blood as you like it. The blood wine is warm. The glass by the bottle is as you left it. If there is anything you need, please let me know. I have runners being prepared to send out notices to those you need them sent to. I am sure there will be plenty of missives to go out now that you have arrived.”

Looking at her desk, immaculate as ever, not even a piece of parchment left on it. The blank ones are in their proper place waiting to be used by the inkwell. “That will do. I will be a few moments while I get the missives prepared. Same runners can go to some of the locations if they are close by. Thank you." Sitting at her desk, the chair still squeaked in the same spot. The view from her window was a bit different, the guards were not outside training. The dragons were not destroying the grass with their claws.

She needed to get a list of things that needed to be taken care of within the city. A meeting with the other nobles would be needed to find out where everything was. With that she wrote up similar missives for both Lord Venis and Lady Ravon.

With Lord Silk’s wishes, I have taken over as Noble Lady of House Umbra. I am requesting a meeting with each of you at your earliest convenience to discuss your house and where things are. Please bring any relevant parchments that may be needed at this meeting. I thank you both in advance.

The missives were both signed and rolled, pressed red wax with the seal of Umbra to close it. They were set aside with other missives and the guard was called at the door. When he came in, five runners came in. They were young boys and girls around the age of fifteen. Old enough for responsibility, not old enough to be on their own just yet. “These need to be taken around to the different locations around the city proper. These two,” she said while holding the ones for Lord Venis and Lady Ravon, “these need to go to House Aviditas and House Occisor. Await a response and come back with them post-haste. I will be here working for a while.”

The runners left the room with missives in hand, the shadow guard closed the door and stood outside at the ready. She poured herself a glass of blood wine and looked around the room, turned to look out the window and slightly smiled before taking a drink. “I’m back.”
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress
venis
Guild: Warlocks

Reply of Aviditas to Umbra

Post by venis »

A day later, during his usual holding-of-audience sessions on the plantation grounds in that particularly uncomfortable chair, he received the runner dispatched by the Noble of Umbra. Proper announcements were given for the adolescent, as was customary for House Aviditas as to all those that sought formal business. With a quickly fading smile he received the welcome guest with a gesture, then the scroll in turn, "Thank you."

Venis' brow ascended as he noted the seal of House Umbra upon the missive. A thumb swiftly applied pressure beneath the wax seal to break it, affording it the deserved delicacy owed as to not damage any of the words written on the parchment. He then reclined and read. Once finished, he set the scroll atop the desk before him and beckoned one of the scribes in attendance to retrieve the quill and parchment.

Venis stated, "Alright, friend, if you would, please record the following, dictated not read:

To our colleague, the Lady of Umbra and Queen of the Damned,

First, what a deserving appointment. Congratulations are owed to you for this great accomplishment, and were you requesting audience for drinks alone you would have it. Yet, it is that you prefer business in this capacity that you have my admiration.

Second, name a time and a place and it will be so. There is much to say.

Cordially yours,

V."

Upon finishing, Venis nodded to the scribe and the parchment was rolled, sealed shut with the wax crest of the gold coin etched with the black infinity, and handed back to the runner from Umbra.
Ravon
GM of Warlocks
Temple: Magic

Re: A Summons Made

Post by Ravon »

The missive was sent to her house of Occisor, but she was not found there. The runner spotted her in Dominium going over a few new mages that were being brought out to the streets as guards. She turned and saw the young woman run towards her, with crest of Twilight adorned to her shoulder and note in hand Ravon knew it was a friendly matter. The girl came before Ravon, out of breath and sweaty she handed over the missive.

"Note for you, Mistress. From Lady Satyana." Ravon grasped the parchment in her skeletal hands and instantly her eyes grew white and a crooked smile crossed her lips. Her eyes returned to the blackened abyss they once were. She tucked the unopened note into her robes.

"Finally, Umbra has a leader again. Lord Silk couldn't have picked a better soul to lead." the smile on her face stood as she went into a very short daze in remembering Satyana. Snapping to she nodded to the runner and pulled a few coin from her pouch and handed it to her. The young girl turned and ran off as Ravon continued her decree to add more mage guards throughout Twilight and the Capital.
vampirss

Return Reply to Lord Venis of Aviditas

Post by vampirss »

She received the message reply from Lord Venis and smiled. He was a good man and she looked forward to working with him. She grabbed the quill and dipped it into her blood ink scrawling out a return reply.

High Lord Venis of Aviditas,

As always, a pleasure to hear from you. I thank you for the Congratulations. I look forward to working with you in the future to further the progress of the great city of Twilight. I would like to meet you on the Plantation, if that is sufficient. I do have some business to discuss with you, however a friendly drink or ten is sufficient as well. There is no reason we can not make our meeting a mix of business and pleasure in that way. If you are able to accommodate this meeting in two days time in the evening, I would be very pleased to see you there.

I look forward to hearing from you if this is sufficient time.

Sincerely and with great interest,

The message was signed with her scrawled name

She handed the runner that made the trip previously, having eaten and rested briefly. He didn't have to be told what to do. He smiled and took the missive that was closed with the red wax and sealed with the Umbra logo heading directly to the plantation and hoping to find Lord Venis there once again.
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress
venis

Anticipated Discourse

Post by venis »

In the upper level of the plantation on Aviditas grounds, Venis sits the strange chair as the runner arrives. The runner is announced and the princely half-orc handed the letter.

After review of the most recent missive from House Umbra, Venis audibly requests two of those in attendance to approach his desk, one a scribe and one a herald. He directs his vision to the scribe and states, "Send word back to Umbra that their Noble would be a most welcome guest on Aviditas land, or something cordial to that extent."

Venis then averts his gaze to the herald, "Please ask Master D`wyth and those on the plantation staff to oversee that the grounds and architecture thereupon look presentable for the Noble of Umbra's arrival."

The herald departs to complete the request for internal maintenance at once.

Once the scribe finishes that tasked to him, he seals the scroll with the formal trappings of Aviditas and returns it to the runner of Umbra, who then also exits.

"Oh and," Venis turns to the scribe once more, "Would you also send a missive to our outpost in Dominium informing Lady Alyce that she would be welcome for the occasion? I would like to hear her thoughts on whatever is discussed if she can be in attendance."

Return to “Realm of Twilight”