Letters Home

The Merchant City
Ivinthel
Guild: Knights

Letters Home

Post by Ivinthel »

Mother,

I know it has been many weeks since I left home, and I should have written earlier but there was too much to do and too much to say. My arms are aching now though and it seemed like a good time to write. I hope you and Father and the youngers are still well, and the neighbors. I hear rumors that people are starting to leave the city. Please, if you do, write to me so that I'll know where to find you. I also heard when I came back to rest last time that the Knights had sent supplies and help to the city I wish I had known. I might have volunteered to go and had a chance to see you again.

Father was right. This life is hard. I work and train from before sunup until the stars are bright. There are classes to take and duties to perform and the expectation that any other free time will be spent learning to better defend yourself and others. I spent the last week in a swamp with a sword. I don't know if you can imagine the things that came at me there but please be assured I'm safe and whole, and it's for a good cause.

I know Father is angry that I left. I know he wants me to be safe and I know he wanted me to marry Poch and live a quiet life, but I can't do that. More now than even when I left, now when my hands are callused and blistered, and my body is one great ache, and I barely have time to breathe, I know this is right.

When those people on their ships land, the city is going to need guardians Mother. I can't hide in the house. I never could, and now I don't have to. When the time comes I'll be there, alongside these people, and I'll do what I can.

Please be safe, and please write to tell me you're well.

I love you all.
Ivy

Return to “Tranos”