A Letter to Lord Croft From His Obedient Servant

The City of Gold
sliper
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Fate

A Letter to Lord Croft From His Obedient Servant

Post by sliper »

A messenger arrives at the Castle, bearing a missive sealed with a golden "S". Its contents, intended for the King himself, read as follows:

"Most Humble and Noble King of the Bountiful and Prosperous Kingdom of Goldcroft,

I write to you today after spending quite a bit of time in this festering, fetid, chamber-pot of a port town known as Gallowhaven. I will spare you much of the description of this place, as even trying to visualize it in my mind causes my entire body to retch.

I have taken note of the many ships here, the most "formidable" of which is the Leviathan, which appears to be their most able war galleon. Having said that, it is no match for the unsinkable Rapacity, nor would a fleet of these various ships combined have any affect on the grand navy of Goldcroft.

I have spoken to some of the locals, as best as I could stand, and taken notes that should help us to reach Gallowhaven by sea in the future. I am in the process of securing passage on a ship out of here, headed to Tranos, to get a more first-hand look.

I have not discovered anything of value here, however the location itself and its status as a harbor and port could prove quite useful in other endeavours should we ever seek to colonize it. The burden of civilising its peoples would likely be too burdensome to bear, and should we pursue such a course, I recommend complete annihilation.

I look forward to my quick return to something bearing some semblance of civlisation,

The Grand Admiral, Lord Sliper Siannodal, Minister of State of the Great Kingdom of Goldcroft"
Sliper, Charter Member

Return to “Goldcroft”